Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: What are you reading now?

Re: What are you reading now?

A local, and a friend of mine just released a book, The Dean of Clinton County, it's available on Kindle, and for free on Kindle Prime and Kindle unliminted. It weaves a fictional player into the 1934 baseball season. Good read for a genre (fictional baseball) that doesn't get much attention. But I'd think as baseball fans, most on this board would enjoy it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just finished reading Lost in Shangri-La by Michell Zuckoff. Its a true story of a WAC and two Army Air corps personell who survived a plane crash in the jungles of New Guinea in 1945. Very well told by Zuckoff. Its a story I don't ever remember reading about and a very remarkable tale of survival and rescue.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Reading Ben McIntyre's Operation Double Cross, the true story of the British double agents who helped deceive the Germans prior to the Normandy invasion. He also wrote Operation Mincemeat, about a prior deception, using a cadaver to fool the Germans about the invasion of Sicily. This is where Ian Fleming developed many of his characters; he was a member of the team of British officers who cooked up these bizarre, yet very successful schemes.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?