Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear Scott Rolen,

Dear Scott Rolen,

Eat your man pill and get your ass back in this lineup. YOU are costing us games by you not being in the lineup everynight. If you really want to act like an old school player then play as if this is your part time job and someone is just waiting to steal your 3B starting position. Rub some elbow grease on whatever "injury" you have and get out there to win this division, you have the rest of your life to be mediocre and let injuries get the best of you...this is your Glory Days, if you want it, I'm not sure if YOU or the rest of this TEAM really wants it or not.

IN other words, I don't buy your team's so called passion, I don't believe you. Thats right I'm calling you and the rest of this team out. Where is your pride? This is your chance to be great and you are watching the parade of opportunity go by.

Sincerely,

Will, a very passionate Reds fan that seems to care more about the success of the team and winning than you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dear Scott Rolen,

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Eat your man pill and get your ass back in this lineup. YOU are costing us games by you not being in the lineup everynight. If you really want to act like an old school player then play as if this is your part time job and someone is just waiting to steal your 3B starting position. Rub some elbow grease on whatever "injury" you have and get out there to win this division, you have the rest of your life to be mediocre and let injuries get the best of you...this is your Glory Days, if you want it, I'm not sure if YOU or the rest of this TEAM really wants it or not.

IN other words, I don't buy your team's so called passion, I don't believe you. Thats right I'm calling you and the rest of this team out. Where is your pride? This is your chance to be great and you are watching the parade of opportunity go by.

Sincerely,

Will, a very passionate Reds fan that seems to care more about the success of the team and winning than you.
    Wow, this is just a pitiful, pathetic, and an embarrassing post. Please anyone new to RedsZone don't let this guy speak for the rest of us. We are an intelligent bunch.

By the way, the team will never read YOUR post, so it doesn't matter if you call them out, it just makes you sound well....ignorant.

You want Rolen for a few games now and then tear his hamstring and be done ala Griffey JR back in the day? Or do you want Rolen for August, Sept, and Oct...that sounds like putting the team first.

I really can't believe someone on this board just called out Scott Rolen's passion, go eat dog doo doo.

Sorry for being a bit inappropriate mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Wow, this is just a pitiful, pathetic, and an embarrassing post. Please anyone new to RedsZone don't let this guy speak for the rest of us. We are an intelligent bunch.
    STOP acting like this board is your damn life and quit trying to impress the elite bunch in the ORG. This team has literally driven me to the brink of insanity, the Cards are starting to pull away and we have literally let every game in the month of July slip away.

We took 2/3 from a very good Rockies team, and have taken 2/3 from the Nationals thus far. Sure, we got swept in Philly, but played very well vs. the Mets and Cubs.

The Cards will cool off. This is part of the ebb and flow. Pennant races are tense, and there will be a lot of adversity to overcome between now and then.

Look, I get pissed too, and I want to win as badly as the next fan, but Rolen has been a huge part of this team, and I don't doubt him on this one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a pro's pro.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    We took 2/3 from a very good Rockies team, and have taken 2/3 from the Nationals thus far. Sure, we got swept in Philly, but played very well vs. the Mets and Cubs.

The Cards will cool off. This is part of the ebb and flow. Pennant races are tense, and there will be a lot of adversity to overcome between now and then.

Look, I get pissed too, and I want to win as badly as the next fan, but Rolen has been a huge part of this team, and I don't doubt him on this one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a pro's pro.
    Hope you're right bro. The winning is contagious and I'll admit that I have a piss poor attitude when it comes to losing, I'm a VERY sore loser, I hate losing, I can't stand it, I wouldn't give a hootin hell to someone that lost and laughs about it cause Americans love a winner!!!

Wow.

You calling out Scott Rolen on a message board will get him healthy and back in the lineup.

I should have thought of that first. /facepalm

he would have made no difference tonight, he can still be a leader in the dugout so its not like we were completely w/o him

STOP acting like this board is your damn life and quit trying to impress the elite bunch in the ORG. This team has literally driven me to the brink of insanity, the Cards are starting to pull away and we have literally let every game in the month of July slip away.
    except for the games they won, which was literally half of them

Good God now Votto gets the day off tomorrow, good job Dusty, bench our best player...can this night get any worse for me?

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Good God now Votto gets the day off tomorrow, good job Dusty, bench our best player...can this night get any worse for me?
    Probably, whenever you run out of whatever it is you're smoking.

Take a big breath and relax. Todays loss was a tough one to take, but you can't win them all. Either can the Cards, they'll lose a few too eventually. Lets take 3 of 4 tomorrow.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

We can't go one loss without an extremely negative thread toward the team.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

Sincerely,

Then maybe you should play for him.

wow the least of people that need to be called out is Scott Rolen, please get a clue.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

You'd think Baker would wait till Sunday when they face Rodriguez to give him the day off. He doesn't seem to consider the schedule when he makes the decision to rest guys.

Hernandez could be trouble for that lineup with both Votto and Rolen out.

And this playing short business is getting real old. Of course, that's on Jocketty.

Last edited by malcontent; 07-22-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

No reason to freak out. So, we lost a game. We're playing fine. We're 4-2 since the All-Star break with a solid chance to make it 5-2 tomorrow.

The Cardinals are on fire right now, but they won't stay that hot. Nobody does. If we keep winning series, we're going to be just fine.

Also, Joey has not hit much since the All-Star break. Maybe he needs a day off.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-22-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Turn Off Ads?