Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walt Jocketty has to make a move for this bullpen or a offensive bat

Walt Jocketty has to make a move for this bullpen or a offensive bat

I have beaten a dead horse but, walt jocketty has to make a move for this bullpen or a offensive bat, I realize what he's doing with russ springer and izzy but, something has to be done from the outside where a guy who is doing good in the market can come over here and make some immediate impact, the reds will not win this division within their own system, I'm the biggest diehard reds fan this side of the country but, you guys know as much as i do, things need to be done and hopefully walt will make a move, I just hope the cards don't make a move and we don't respond because they could run away with this NL central.

I still have hope in my reds, we have had a great season soo far, and today looks like another loss but, still we will be 4-3 on this homestand, as long as they go to houston and milwaukee and eek out a 8-5 record in the next few games, i'll be please, yall have a good day!! back to work for me. thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I know..

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    I have beaten a dead horse but, walt jocketty has to make a move for this bullpen or a offensive bat, I realize what he's doing with russ springer and izzy but, something has to be done from the outside where a guy who is doing good in the market can come over here and make some immediate impact, the reds will not win this division within their own system, I'm the biggest diehard reds fan this side of the country but, you guys know as much as i do, things need to be done and hopefully walt will make a move, I just hope the cards don't make a move and we don't respond because they could run away with this NL central.

I still have hope in my reds, we have had a great season soo far, and today looks like another loss but, still we will be 4-3 on this homestand, as long as they go to houston and milwaukee and eek out a 8-5 record in the next few games, i'll be please, yall have a good day!! back to work for me. thoughts?
    I agree and I think he will.

Why does the best offense in the NL need another bat? I agree we need a reliever but there isn't exactly much to choose from out there. I want Scott Downs from Toronto but the asking price for him is way too high at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post

there is not 'game changer' out there in the area of bullpen help that is worth getting. Why give away good young talent if you can improve without doing that. As for the bat, whom do you want, where does he play? I don't see a "need" to trade just to say we traded when there is nothing on the market worth giving the farm up for.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    there is not 'game changer' out there in the area of bullpen help that is worth getting. Why give away good young talent if you can improve without doing that. As for the bat, whom do you want, where does he play? I don't see a "need" to trade just to say we traded when there is nothing on the market worth giving the farm up for.
    I don't mean to be rude, but weren't you the one clamoring for Rolen to go to the DL and picking up Miguel Tejada?

After watching this today - another bat may not be a bad idea. Plus, although I like the signings of Springer and Isringhausen, they are risky, because as you have pointed out, neither have pitched in a while and they aren't exactly spring chickens.

I agree that you don't have to give away the farm, but not being willing to part with anyone could prove a bad course to take.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but weren't you the one clamoring for Rolen to go to the DL and picking up Miguel Tejada?

After watching this today - another bat may not be a bad idea. Plus, although I like the signings of Springer and Isringhausen, they are risky, because as you have pointed out, neither have pitched in a while and they aren't exactly spring chickens.

I agree that you don't have to give away the farm, but not being willing to part with anyone could prove a bad course to take.
    No that was what John Kruk was advocating, plus you can probably get Tejada for little to nothing, but he is going to be nothing much but a role player. The OP is wanting the Reds to make a big splash (aka like Texas or St. Louis) and I just don't see there being great enough talent out there that is going to be a game changer, and what talent is available tht some might conisder that (C. Hart) is overvalued and will require to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
    Why does the best offense in the NL need another bat? I agree we need a reliever but there isn't exactly much to choose from out there. I want Scott Downs from Toronto but the asking price for him is way too high at this point.
    we wont be the best offensive team for long, and if were not hitting homeruns, we're not scoring.

You got a taste today of what the lineup is like without Votto and Rolen both at the same time. It's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonFlyer View Post
    You got a taste today of what the lineup is like without Votto and Rolen both at the same time. It's not pretty.
    Well Votto will be back tomorrow, but I am willing to bet that we won't see a 100% Rolen anymore this season unless they DL him and then we are looking at mid August for him to be back to 100% so it's time for others who also have talent to step up. It also requires our manager to construct better lineup cards...

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    we wont be the best offensive team for long, and if were not hitting homeruns, we're not scoring.
    MLB

7th in AVG

5th in runs

5th in hits

4th in HR

T-14 doubles

T-4 triples

5th RBI

11th SB

8th OBP

3rd in slugging

What exactly about that leads you to believe we won't be hitting for long besides you just thinking it with no evidence to back up your claim??? Most teams who aren't hitting HR's aren't scoring so that was a "genius" statement in itself. Good call

Re: Walt Jocketty has to make a move for this bullpen or a offensive bat

I wonder how much it would cost for Lindstrom?

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
    anything over say a A or AA level B ranked player is to much.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Geez, how many of these type of threads are the moderators going to allow? It seems like a new one pops up every other day.

The only bat I would look at trading for is DeJesus from KC and putting him in CF. He doesn't have nearly as much range and speed as Stubbs or Heisey, but he's still pretty solid. And being able to plant a bat in the lead-off spot with a .380 OBP percentage would allow us to keep BP hitting 2nd and move Cabrera down in the lineup where he belongs. Not to mention, he'll probably see better success, moving from the AL to the NL, playing half of his games at GAB, and playing for a contender. That's the only bat I would trade for right now.

As far as starting pitching goes...I'm not sure. Really don't see much available that would bolster our starting pitching by a wide margin. There's no point to make a trade for the sake of making a trade.

And the bullpen definitely could use some improvement, but the problem is, it's slim pickings for bullpen help. If we want to land a good reliever, it's going to be 'The Trade' all over again and we're going to have to give up a good amount in return. Let's just hope Isringhausen thinks it's 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
    Yeah, that is the one to put the Reds over the Top...

I Laugh at the Texas Rangers of the world and their acquisition of Cliff Lee...

The Cardinals are a joke in their pursuit of Roy Oswalt...

We, the Reds, get RHP Matt Lindstrom... uh, I said...

We, the Reds, get Right Handed Reliever Matt Lindstrom...

Hello? Anyone out there here me... I said Matt Lindstrom...

Crickets Chirp.. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Turn Off Ads?