Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Dusty Complaint

My Dusty Complaint

I know he has us near first place.

I know the lineup is not all that great, the staff is young, and the bullpen is up and down.

And still, he has us in the race.

My problem is this. At the end of the season, if we are a couple games back, we are going to look at one thing. Not the pitching, not the hitting, bullpen, anything like that.

It is going to come to Dusty and his lack of leadership and inabliltiy to get this team focused to play on Sundays, mid week day games, and getaway days.

We are awful, I would love to know our record, but on those days, we may win some, but we hit like dog crap and play like we want to get onto the next game.

Note to Crusty, those games are going to bite you in the butt in about 10 weeks.

Thanks, rant over...for now...but this royally chaps my Rosey Red ass

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My Dusty Complaint

I am all for bashing Dusty, ask anyone here, but what makes you believe he doesn't get them "ready" for Sunday, day games and get away games?

The Reds are 18-13 in getaway days

Delete post? LOL. Check the numbers before you go on another Dusty witch hunt please.

Arent we like 1 - 8 in our last 9 sunday games or something along those lines

Sorry, we have won 2 of our last 8 Sunday games.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Sorry, we have won 2 of our last 8 Sunday games.
    How does focus come into play though? I agree we put a AAAA squad on the field, but I don't see how that is a focus issue but just a poor lineup card issue.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If the players really wanted to win this thing, they'd quit ALLOWING Dusty to make them take a day off. Geez. Why do they need a day off? I work 80 hours a week........and it's hard work. They play a game for 3 hours a day with some batting practice and fielding practice before hand. Big frickin' deal. Play 160 games for 6 months out of the year. It's not that hard. I'd love to be doing it for $440,000 per year.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If the players really wanted to win this thing, they'd quit ALLOWING Dusty to make them take a day off. Geez. Why do they need a day off? I work 80 hours a week........and it's hard work. They play a game for 3 hours a day with some batting practice and fielding practice before hand. Big frickin' deal. Play 160 games for 6 months out of the year. It's not that hard. I'd love to be doing it for $440,000 per year.
    If you don't think traveling as much as they do takes a toll then you don't travel very much, just saying. Constantly traveling, sleeping in hotels, spending time away from family and friends. Don't act like it is pie in the sky and that kind of stuff doesn't wear on people. Just because you'd love to be doing what they do doesn't mean they don't need a day off every now and then to stay fresh and just relax. Sports is just as much mental as it is physical. If you're guys aren't mentally fresh they will struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
    If you don't think traveling as much as they do takes a toll then you don't travel very much, just saying. Constantly traveling, sleeping in hotels, spending time away from family and friends. Don't act like it is pie in the sky and that kind of stuff doesn't wear on people. Just because you'd love to be doing what they do doesn't mean they don't need a day off every now and then to stay fresh and just relax. Sports is just as much mental as it is physical. If you're guys aren't mentally fresh they will struggle.
    Yawn. Whatever dude.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Yawn. Whatever dude.
    Exactly can't refute any of my points so that is your response. I knew it was coming. Now I'm glad I signed up. Common sense ratio just went up a touch around here.

Dusty is truely an awful Manager. But yeah this thread is not awesome.

You have got to be kidding. If this was the case, no one would have cared about Cal Ripkens streak because as long as you are not hurt everyone would play everyday. Are you saying that if a guy takes a day off he does not care, or are you saying that if a manager gives a guy a day off he doesn't care about winning. Is this your thought on all baseball players and managers or is this yet another myopic criticsm of Dusty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
    Exactly can't refute any of my points so that is your response. I knew it was coming. Now I'm glad I signed up. Common sense ratio just went up a touch around here.
    What points are there to refute? It is all opinion. You have one and I have one. Just like our backsides.

Yours just needs more toilet paper.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 07-23-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Dusty is truely an awful Manager. But yeah this thread is not awesome.

But just to reiterate...Dusty is a TERRIBLE manager. Dude.

Turn Off Ads?