Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade proposal from ESPN

Trade proposal from ESPN

Trade proposal from ESPN - also listed on Lance McAllister's blog.

5 trades that need to happen
    ESPN
    2. The Cincinnati Reds shore up their bullpen by trading SS Zack Cozart to the Houston Astros for RHP Matt Lindstrom, and acquire RHP Michael Wuertz from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for OF Chris Heisey and LHP Donnie Joseph.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade proposal from ESPN

Bahhh those are horrible trades!!! Why would we want to give up Cozart or Heisey?

To get better now. But would it be worth it?

Those 2 guys would not make our bullpen much better, and certainly not enough to trade 3 quality prospects. No thanks

No and NO. Donnie Joseph is gonna be a stud and Cozart could be here next year. No no no no

i agree with everyone else. NO to those trades. middle relievers are a dime a doz

This is serious? What a joke

That is stupid. Why give up Heisey and Cozart?!?
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    That is stupid. Why give up Heisey and Cozart?!?
    To make the play-offs this year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

If all thoseguys are studs, and our team is ok now, then where are they going to play.

Cozart is a stud? Are you serious?

You do realize you have to trade something to get something, right??

I would love to have Lindstrom

no, let me repeat...NO, LETS SAY IT ALL TOGETHER NO. You do not trade everyday players for bullpen help.

Cozart plays every day in the minors....Heisey bats four times a week....yes, you trade those types of players for bullpen help to help get to something this organization has not been to in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    no, let me repeat...NO, LETS SAY IT ALL TOGETHER NO. You do not trade everyday players for bullpen help.
    I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the proposals, I only presented it for discussion, but I must make a couple of points. Cozart is in the minor leagues and the Reds have three other people who could play that position (Valaika, Janish and Frazier) outside of Cabrera - and Heisey is not an everyday player. Whether he should be or not is debatable, but he is not an everyday player and with Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Dickerson it's not likely he will be any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Cozart plays every day in the minors....Heisey bats four times a week....yes, you trade those types of players for bullpen help to help get to something this organization has not been to in 15 years.
    Heisey is misused by our manager, you DON"T give up grade A quality players for bullpen help, well you do if you are an idiot. Second whom is our SS of the future? Bullpen arms are a dime a dozen, what's to say Springer and Izzy can't do what these guys would do and guess what...IT'S NOT COSTING US ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the proposals, I only presented it for discussion, but I must make a couple of points. Cozart is in the minor leagues and the Reds have three other people who could play that position (Valaika, Janish and Frazier) outside of Cabrera - and Heisey is not an everyday player. Whether he should be or not is debatable, but he is not an everyday player and with Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Dickerson it's not likely he will be any time soon.
    A) Gomes will not be with the Reds next season
    B) You can't believe Dickerson is anywhere near the talent of Heisey
    C) Janish will never be a starter, Dusty hates him, Frazier is our replacement at second when they deal Phillips. I see Valaika getting moved to third to replace Rolen next season at some point.

Turn Off Ads?