Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade proposal from ESPN

Re: Trade proposal from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Heisey is misused by our manager, you DON"T give up grade A quality players for bullpen help, well you do if you are an idiot. Second whom is our SS of the future? Bullpen arms are a dime a dozen, what's to say Springer and Izzy can't do what these guys would do and guess what...IT'S NOT COSTING US ANYTHING.
    Springer and Izzy can do the job and I hope they do, believe me I hope they do. But, if they don't the Reds are setting themselves up for criticism, probably from guys like you. Especially if the Cardinals get Oswalt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Trade proposal from ESPN - also listed on Lance McAllister's blog.

5 trades that need to happen
    ESPN
    2. The Cincinnati Reds shore up their bullpen by trading SS Zack Cozart to the Houston Astros for RHP Matt Lindstrom, and acquire RHP Michael Wuertz from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for OF Chris Heisey and LHP Donnie Joseph.
    Cozart is the only Reds SS in the system close to the major leagues. I would have a really hard time getting behind a trade of Cozart.

Wuertz for Heisey and Joesph? Thats just silly to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Cozart plays every day in the minors....Heisey bats four times a week....yes, you trade those types of players for bullpen help to help get to something this organization has not been to in 15 years.
    Every player in the majors has "played every day in the minors" at some point.

A) Gomes will not be with the Reds next season
    B) You can't believe Dickerson is anywhere near the talent of Heisey
    C) Janish will never be a starter, Dusty hates him, Frazier is our replacement at second when they deal Phillips. I see Valaika getting moved to third to replace Rolen next season at some point.
    Possibly with Gomes. Dickerson has received more of a shot than Heisey has , injuries however may prove to be his downfall and you may be right on shortstop, but all three can play shortstop if it comes to that.

I think adding Lindstrom would be nice, but Cozart is 24 or 25 and from all indications will be looking at a lot of playing time in Cincinnati next season, possibly the every-day shortstop. I don't know if I'd move him for a guy who is basically going to be a set-up man for at least the next year and a half. As long as Cordero is here, I don't see anyone else closing. I'd love to add Lindstrom to close because, while he's not much of an upgrade over Cordero, he's much cheaper and could get the job done.

The biggest problem with improving our bullpen right now is Cordero's ridiculous contract. And it's not going anywhere any time soon. What idiot GM made that deal, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Every player in the majors has "played every day in the minors" at some point.
    Not Leake

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Not Leake
    Gottem!

Heisey is by far our best pinch hitter, that is a very valuable piece to the team THIS season, especially for a playoff charge.

I'm not too familiar with all minor league prospects(kind of a n00b I guess), but Lindstrom could help the team in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
    I'm not too familiar with all minor league prospects(kind of a n00b I guess), but Lindstrom could help the team in my opinion.

I don't anyone is saying he couldn't, but you don't trade good young talent for bullpen arms, it's just not worth it.

A) Gomes will not be with the Reds next season
    B) You can't believe Dickerson is anywhere near the talent of Heisey
    C) Janish will never be a starter, Dusty hates him, Frazier is our replacement at second when they deal Phillips. I see Valaika getting moved to third to replace Rolen next season at some point.
    Why won't Gomes be here next year? I thought he was under contract for next year as well for a relatively low price.

I'd do Heisey or Cozart for Lindstrom no problem. I'd do it for that old Marmol rumor too. Not Wuertz though.

This team needs another A+ player in each of the three key spots. Bullpen, rotation, and lineup. Now the bullpen could probably be easily dealt with by dealing a B prospect like one of those trades above. But the team really hurt itself by missing out on Cliff Lee. They still need a player of equal caliber to him for the rotation. And probably another player just a notch below that caliber for the everyday lineup.

We might make it to the playoffs, but without those additions, we would be one and done in the NLDS facing another teams shutdown players that we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Why won't Gomes be here next year? I thought he was under contract for next year as well for a relatively low price.
    i believe he signed a 1 year deal and if he is here it is with a team option and with Heisey here, there is no reason to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    We might make it to the playoffs, but without those additions, we would be one and done in the NLDS facing another teams shutdown players that we don't have.
    I would rather have this and not trade away any young talent.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't want to make any trades unless we acquire the cream of the crop at some position, namely an ace starting pitcher or superior bullpen help.

Trading away our future for average players doesn't get me excited. We already have a bunch of average players with a few studs mixed in..........that's why we're looking to bolster certain areas.

If we're not going to get back something ALOT BETTER, I hope we pass.

Turn Off Ads?