Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Heisey

Chris Heisey

In 73 ABs this year Heisey has looked pretty good.I know it's asking a lot for Dusty to play the rookie a bit more in the middle of a pennant race but .924 is the 3rd highest OPS on the team and imo warrants a bit more attention even if it is in a limited number of ABs.He should at the very least be given the 4th OF spot and start anytime someone needs a rest.

Aside from Heisey's helping out this year I'd like to hear what other's think of his future with the team.I'm very impressed with his D at all positions.He seems to have a very solid if not above average bat and had a good career in the minors.I for one believe he has a good chance of taking over in RF next year.I'd like to hear what others think.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Chris Heisey

Do you mean taking over LF? If so then I would agree with you on that one but I'm sure he'll always be the 4th outfielder.

Kid needs to play WAAAY more than he has... Wanna know why this team is on the skids? Gomes is slumping like a mo-fo, and Cairo at 3b stinks.

Pretty much... Play Heisey and Janish more. K? Thanks
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Heisey is probably the feature left fielder for the Reds (assuming that Stubbs and Bruce control the rest of the outfield) Gomes will probably go the way of Nix, (a major upgrade IMHO) but will play like you want Heisey to play now. The feature of this team has Janish at short, and Mesoraca is probably the catcher within the next three years, and he'll be catching this rotation going into its third year together: Volquez, Leake, Cueto, Wood and Chapman ( Chapman may be in his second year...depending)

another note, this year Alonso will help the big league club, as he comes up as a great bat off the bench (something the Reds have lacked) in the playoff chase/run
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I think the best use of Hesiey at this point is to use him as a main ingredient in a deal for an impact arm. I like Heisey a lot, but I think he'd get exposed with more PT and I have doubts he could OPS north of .775 over a full season. Nice 4th OF, too much of a tweener to be a mainstay IMO. He could be a decent platoon guy.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Do you mean taking over LF? If so then I would agree with you on that one but I'm sure he'll always be the 4th outfielder.
    I did mean LF.

So why is it you think he will always be a 4th OF or do you just mean this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think the best use of Hesiey at this point is to use him as a main ingredient in a deal for an impact arm. I like Heisey a lot, but I think he'd get exposed with more PT and I have doubts he could OPS north of .775 over a full season. Nice 4th OF, too much of a tweener to be a mainstay IMO. He could be a decent platoon guy.
    he's already likely a better player than Gomes (1 war, gomes is 0). Play him in LF, of course that is not going to happen

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I did mean LF.

So why is it you think he will always be a 4th OF or do you just mean this year?
    Well this year and probably next year the outfield will be Gomes, Stubbs, and Bruce. The year after that I can see him getting the left field position until the guys like Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez are ready. Though I admit I'm not sure when they're expected up or how well they'll do in the upper minor leagues. But both of them have a lot of potential and it's going to knock him out of a position some time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    he's already likely a better player than Gomes (1 war, gomes is 0). Play him in LF, of course that is not going to happen
    Is this just a Baker thing or are other managers also as reluctant to give guys that have had some success a bit more of a chance to prove themselves.It's not like Gomes is on fire and a couple bad games from Heisey is going to kill the team.Then again I guess it's better to just hold your breath and keep running Gomes out there every night hoping he gets hot again.

Dusty loves the vets and Gomes has that good counting stat (RBI) driven by his over .400 BARISP. 07-09 Gomes hit .237 BARISP. Gomes also has -30 uzr/150

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Well this year and probably next year the outfield will be Gomes, Stubbs, and Bruce. The year after that I can see him getting the left field position until the guys like Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez are ready. Though I admit I'm not sure when they're expected up or how well they'll do in the upper minor leagues. But both of them have a lot of potential and it's going to knock him out of a position some time or another.
    I would not be so sure, if Gomes continues to slump as he has recently, I would not be surprised if he becomes a good bat off the bench next year. (though he will be playing more then Heisey is)
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

IMO, Heisey would likely be an improvement at every OF spot.

Isn't Gomes leading the team in RBIs and the leading hitter in baseball with RISP and maybe 2 outs. I know some great stat he's #1. If anyone would sit it would be Bruce against lefties, but that defense from Jay is nice. It's a touch call, but Johnny has been a leader and has a lot to do with the reds being in it at this point.

July OPS

Votto - .987
    Stubbs - .942
    Gomes - .763
    Phillips - .667
    OC - .657
    Rolen - .580
    Bruce - .447

Don't believe the hype. Or maybe Cairo needs to see more time for Phillips/Rolen. Or maybe we are looking for the wrong OFer to bench.

Bruce and Heisey should be a platoon. There's not a shred of an argument that says otherwise.

Turn Off Ads?