Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Blood Testing begins in Minors

Re: Random Blood Testing begins in Minors

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    Could the new blood testing be why Arredondo is on the 40 man roster now?
    That's possible, but another theory is that when he signed with the Reds, they promised he would be added to the 40-man roster so that he would be paid more throughout the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Great point. Very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's possible, but another theory is that when he signed with the Reds, they promised he would be added to the 40-man roster so that he would be paid more throughout the season.
    Yup. Being on the 40-man roster guarantees being paid $65,000 from a minor league contract -- whereas the standard rate of pay for that level is traditionally only $25K or less.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I just realized something about Arredondo that makes me more certain he was added to the 40-man roster for financial reasons. I believe his agent made an agreement that required the Reds to add Arredondo to the 40-man roster in enough time to allow him to qualify as a super-two player. In other words, if he spends all of 2011 on a big league roster, he will be eligible for arbitration in 2012 instead of 2013.

-The Insider-

Did you read that agreement was made?
    And if so, good job on his agent to get them to do that. I really liked the Reds signing him in preparation for 2011, I really liked him when he was with the Angels and think he could be a great asset to the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Did you read that agreement was made?
    And if so, good job on his agent to get them to do that. I really liked the Reds signing him in preparation for 2011, I really liked him when he was with the Angels and think he could be a great asset to the Reds.
    No, I didn't read it. It's pure speculation. I have no idea who his agent is now.

-The Insider-

No, I didn't read it. It's pure speculation. I have no idea who his agent is now.
    Oh ok.

Yea I really don't know. I might be able to find out why though.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Oh ok.

Yea I really don't know. I might be able to find out why though.
    It's good info to have. Thank you, by the way, for your input here. You've been a great resource. Have you heard anything about Terrell Young by any chance?

-The Insider-

It's good info to have. Thank you, by the way, for your input here. You've been a great resource. Have you heard anything about Terrell Young by any chance?
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

No I haven't, I really don't know/hear much much about the lower levels. I know some prospect names but I more so know, or can find out, about guys in Double or Triple-A.

Now with the Marlins (whom the Mudcats were with for 6 seasons) I knew everyone in the organization, from their general manager, to pitching coordinator, to their director of player development.

I haven't been able to make those relationships yet with the Reds, it's only been a year and a half but hopefully soon I'll be fully as "in" with their organization as I was with the Marlins.

Turn Off Ads?