Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards now in panic mode, look to add bats..

Cards now in panic mode, look to add bats..

Given they have now gone what like 20 innings in a row and not scored a run, i am willing to bet their GM is on the phone doing whatever he can to secure more bats, probably even willing to give up say Carpenter or Wainwright if they could add say a J. Werth or even a C. Hart...wow 20 innings without scoring a run...they are really doomed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards now in panic mode, look to add bats..

man baseball is such a funny sport... the cards run up 8 straight wins and now can't score a run... it gives me more of a reason to think that this is going to go neck and neck until the end... lets hope so... well i'd take a reds landside division victory..

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    man baseball is such a funny sport... the cards run up 8 straight wins and now can't score a run... it gives me more of a reason to think that this is going to go neck and neck until the end... lets hope so... well i'd take a reds landside division victory..
    thank you, people were so up in arms because the Reds lost in Philly 2 games not scoring and we were facing two grade A pitchers, well now the mighty Cards have gone 20 straight and while the did face Hamel yesterday, come on today they faced the Cubs, a team we just took 3 out of 4 from.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

The Cards are getting Ludwick back this Sunday, why on earth would they get Hart/Werth? They've only got the pieces in the minors to make one deal for All-Star type talent, and it's going to be Oswalt, not a bat. Maybe they get a Ty Wiggington (I guess he's an All-Star this year, technically) or someone else to shore up their infield situation atm, but a power hitting OF is not on their wish list.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

"probably willing to give up a Carpenter or Wainwright ..."

What spurs you to make such garbage posts? Do you just post every bad idea that comes into your head?
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Given they have now gone what like 20 innings in a row and not scored a run, i am willing to bet their GM is on the phone doing whatever he can to secure more bats, probably even willing to give up say Carpenter or Wainwright if they could add say a J. Werth or even a C. Hart...wow 20 innings without scoring a run...they are really doomed.

LOL,you had me till you thought they would trade one of their big two Horse's.

I mean come on people, they are not scoring runs, they have gone 20 innings without scoring a single run, be damed with pitching, they have Penny and Lohse coming back, offer one of the big two and get a great bat, I mean that's what you do when you are not scoring runs, you panic and offer the world to get a bat. heck offer the Brewers Carpenter for Prince and move Albert to RF, there you go, instant offence.....;-)

You're a riot man

The Cardinals will be sending bats DOWN. They sent one down today. They want pitching...Hawk and Soup have won 3 games in over 20 starts. They don't believe that Pujols is fading, and the return of Ludwick tomorro will be the "answer".

I don't see how they can land Oswalt, but you can be sure that's their #1 priority. BTW, Penny is still over a month from even tossing, and Lohse is a HUGE question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I don't see how they can land Oswalt, but you can be sure that's their #1 priority. BTW, Penny is still over a month from even tossing, and Lohse is a HUGE question mark.
    They can land Oswalt due to the combination that his contract is about even with his production, he has a full no trade clause, he wants to go to St. Louis, and the Astros don't want to pay him $32 mil over the next 2 years to finish in the bottom half of the division. A lot of those factors benefit the Cards, otherwise they wouldn't be players for Oswalt. Personally I'd rather they forget about Oswalt and shore up the middle infield with an average-ish bat to replace Schumaker.

How can you be in panic mode when you are leading the division and your closest contender is full of kids with no post-season experience?
    Remember, you're unique.....just like everybody else.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

They need "bats" huh?

I'll trade them 10 Louisville Sluggers for Pujols. But he has to pass a steroid and HGH test first.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    They need "bats" huh?

I'll trade them 10 Louisville Sluggers for Pujols. But he has to pass a steroid and HGH test first.
    I don't think he is a roider...just an HGHer. And it dam sure ain't working anymore if he is on it.

See, you guys don't get all the Card games like I do. If you did you would see how deminished he is. He is a human GIDP machine, and is on a pace to strike out 100 times. He was being compared to DiMag, and Kiner, and Musial. These guys NEVER struck out that much.

Pujols has went south from the day that Holliday joined the team. Coincedence? I don't think so. He is swinging from his very heels on every pitch. HR or nothing, resulting in his decline. The league has figured him out...just get ahead in the count and then throw everything a foot outside...he won't take a walk and will try to pull it. That's why he is batting .305 instead of .350

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    I don't think he is a roider...just an HGHer. And it dam sure ain't working anymore if he is on it.

See, you guys don't get all the Card games like I do. If you did you would see how deminished he is. He is a human GIDP machine, and is on a pace to strike out 100 times. He was being compared to DiMag, and Kiner, and Musial. These guys NEVER struck out that much.
    I get all the games and he's still having a ridiculous year. If by "diminished" you mean, "no longer head and shoulders above everyone else in the league" then I'd be in agreement at the moment, though I'm sure he can get back to that. He's nowhere near on pace for striking out 100 times. Who cares how many times he strikes out anyway if he's producing at the level he is?

Pujols has went south from the day that Holliday joined the team. Coincedence? I don't think so. He is swinging from his very heels on every pitch. HR or nothing, resulting in his decline. The league has figured him out...just get ahead in the count and then throw everything a foot outside...he won't take a walk and will try to pull it. That's why he is batting .305 instead of .350
    One year ago today Holliday played his first game for the Cards. Pujols since then has hit 35 homers, driven in 115, and batted about .320 with a 1.000 OPS. The league most definitely has him figured out. Many Cards fans basically expect Pujols to never make an out and god forbid the guy fail to bring a runner home when in scoring position. We should dump him and see what John Mabry is up to.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    I get all the games and he's still having a ridiculous year. If by "diminished" you mean, "no longer head and shoulders above everyone else in the league" then I'd be in agreement at the moment, though I'm sure he can get back to that. He's nowhere near on pace for striking out 100 times. Who cares how many times he strikes out anyway if he's producing at the level he is?

One year ago today Holliday played his first game for the Cards. Pujols since then has hit 35 homers, driven in 115, and batted about .320 with a 1.000 OPS. The league most definitely has him figured out. Many Cards fans basically expect Pujols to never make an out and god forbid the guy fail to bring a runner home when in scoring position. We should dump him and see what John Mabry is up to.
    I agree with this post. Pujols may not be superman anymore, but he's still a very good player.

But his K rate is slightly up this year, but nowhere near striking out 100 times. In 2009 he struck out every 8.9 at-bats. This year he is striking out every 7.4 at-bats.

Pujols slugging percentage, RIGHT NOW (plenty of time), is the worst of his career this season. He's homering every 16 at-bats this season. Last year he homered every 12 at-bats.

On the decline? Maybe a little. But still VERY GOOD.

And all this with Matt Holliday hitting behind him.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?