Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lecure called up

Lecure called up

Just heard this on Louisville Bats pregame show, i dont know who he will replace. Danny herrera will make thr spot start for the bats.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: Lecure called up

Trade? Who can he possibly be coming up for? Rolen to the DL? I'm so confused.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

whaaaaat?

Wouldn't be surprised that they finally DL Rolen, but not sure why we need another pitcher? Wait, yes i do, Dusty is our manager...

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

John Fay will have this scoop on Sunday. I have no idea why they would recall LeCure.

and why is DRH getting the start over Owings?

Bring LeCure up to start Leake's day against Houston? That's the only possible non-trade reason I can see for LeCure not being in AAA. I guess sending Leake against the Astros would be a waste of IP.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Leake doesn't even go until Sunday though ... something is not adding up here.

Fay says Rolen is taking grounders right now, so he's not going on the DL.

Only thing that makes sense to me is Cueto or Leake might not be able to start this weekend for sickness/injury

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    And you are shocked by that?

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    They don't have to make the roster move until Sunday, but they just don't want him to pitch tonight. That's assuming it's Leake that can't go.

You would think Maloney would get the call though.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Well I heard it with my own ears on the Louisville radio. DRH spot start. Lecure heading somewhere.

Bats broadcaster Matt Andrews said lecure was scratched 30 min before the game. He also said there would be a lot of moves affecting the bats tomorrow, SOME WHICH HE WAS NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT. That could
    mean the Matthews out clause decision, but I think something is up...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    And you are shocked by that?
    No, I'm just puzzled as to what the logic is for this move, unless there is a trade in the water..

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Trade. But it's a secret. Shhhh.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?