Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All things trade related thread

All things trade related thread

I figured we should probably just create a culminative thread about all the trades that are going to be bantered about in the coming weeks and months.

Just saw on Twitter that our old pal Jim Bowden says according to a Royals scource the Reds are in on David DeJesus, along with the Sox and Braves.

http://twitter.com/JimBowdenXMFOX/status/17279117847

I'm not sure Id like him because I dont want Dusty to have him. I think if we grabbed him it means Stubbs wouldnt play much. Now if they brought him in and played him over Gomes more Id like it, but bringing him as a CF? No thanks really.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: All things trade related thread

I had read a week or so ago that DeJesus would likely be brought in as a defensive upgrade in LF.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    I had read a week or so ago that DeJesus would likely be brought in as a defensive upgrade in LF.
    Id buy into that completely, but something in me suggest thats not how it would happen.

I wonder how he would fair as a lead off hitter?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Id buy into that completely, but something in me suggest thats not how it would happen.
    dusty would put him in center the rest of the year, stubbs would get about 1 or 2 starts a week and mostly be a pinch runner, and the next time u would see hiesey would be on the back of a milk carton.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...reer&t=b#lineu

Not too bad probably.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    Hopefully not good enough to move Phillips back down to 4th.

Isn't it a shame that I dont want to trade for guys out of fear that Dusty will tinker? Seriously...

Hopefully not good enough to move Phillips back down to 4th.

Isn't it a shame that I dont want to trade for guys out of fear that Dusty will tinker? Seriously...
    Couldn't we move Phillips back to 2 and Cabrera could hit 7th? That would look pretty good with Dejesus leading off.

I'd also like to add that I find it hard to trust the person that rumor was coming from. Not because of Bowden or anything he did while he was here, but because of how often he seems to be incorrect when talking about these types of things.

Matt Kemp has fallen out of favor with the Dodgers. They are benching him tonight against Zito who Kemp is hitting .457 in 35 ABs against for his career.

Matt Kemp has fallen out of favor with the Dodgers. They are benching him tonight against Zito who Kemp is hitting .457 in 35 ABs against for his career.
    I saw that on mlb.network. They talk of him like he's the Jose Canseco of Centerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I saw that on mlb.network. They talk of him like he's the Jose Canseco of Centerfield.
    Hes not good out there, but he's certainly not as bad, well from all I have seen, as they made him seem. He should play a corner OF position. I certainly think hes a better overall player than Gomes though.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ng-on-dejesus/

Nothing on the DeJesus trade front according to Fay. If the DeJesus rumor came from a national writer I might be inclined to believe it even with Fays reaction, but it was Bowden who doesnt have enough credibility for me.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

Seriously, what would it take to get Choo from the Indians? I don't care if you like it or not, just want your opinion on want it would take.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I would absolutely love David DeJesus. Dusty has been making good lineup changes so far this season, he would pencil him into the 1 or 2 hole with Phillips hitting in the other spot. I would really be indifferent to either order of the 2.

Stubbs has been pretty overmatched at the plate lately and not only would DeJesus be an upgrade, he would provide great insurance should Gomes fall back down to earth. We can't afford to depend on a guy hitting with a .311 OBP and .702 OPS if we could get our hands on a guy like DeJesus and his .361 career OBP.

I love Stubbs and think he is going to be a great player, but we can't afford to let his development get in the way of winning now, Stubbs would still get 2 or 3 starts a week, it isn't going to wreck his career.

Turn Off Ads?