Griffin LF
    Miller C
    Maloney P

Pitching for Gwinnett: Mike Minor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saturday July 24, 2010 Minor League Updates

No Yonder. Maybe Oswalt will be pitching for the Reds tonight

Seriously, is he dinged up a bit?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Just a night off for Yonder, more than likely.

Matthews Jr. opted out of his contract

Izzy and Corky were placed on the roster today.

Denove went back to Carolina

According to the Bats game notes, Micah Owings will be tomorrow's starter, taking the place of Klinker. I am not sure if Klinker will be sent to AA, put in the bullpen, or take the place of Chad Reineke. Also, I am not sure if this could change to LeCure, since he will not pitch for the Reds.
    Last edited by batsfan; 07-24-2010 at 05:47 PM.

In a mystery move, 2 days ago the Reds placed Arredondo on their roster instead of the Bats.

Daryl Thompson, (0-4; 3.97 ERA) will tee it up again tonight, this time in Montgomery. He has had to be removed from his last two starts through three innings because of being overcome by the heat. Currently in Montgomery it is 97 degrees with a heat index of 104. The RH is 41%.

If that isn't enough, he's facing Torres who is 9-3 with a 2.96 ERA.

Looks like showers could play a role in this one before it is over.

Along those lines, I just got an email from the Durham Bulls informing me that they are moving their game time back tomorrow from 5:05 to 7:05 due to "excessive heat." It is supposed to be 103 in the area tomorrow, without factoring in the heat index. I guess Thompson should consider himself lucky.

No kidding muddie. We are flat sweltering just to your north in Baltimore. Excessive heat warnings abound, and it is no joke crazy warm here.

-The Insider-

Yea, DT has been struggling with the heat. Two starts ago, he didn't drink enough water, then last start, he drank too much water (causing him to throw up on the mound)

Not sure about the Klinker move, I'm trying to find out. Also, trying to find out a corresponding move for Deno being sent down.

-The Insider-

Found out about the Deno move. The corresponding move is OF Sean Danielson on TI list.

Minor struck out the side in the Bats' first.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Yea, DT has been struggling with the heat. Two starts ago, he didn't drink enough water, then last start, he drank too much water (causing him to throw up on the mound)

Not sure about the Klinker move, I'm trying to find out. Also, trying to find out a corresponding move for Deno being sent down.
    My wife and I were at the second game he left early. I do not recall the guy throwing up. He turned and walked off the mound toward second base and that was it. He spit a couple of times and I still question his desire to be a starter. The next night he was in the pen chumming it up with everyone. I'm not going to go negative on the guy but I expect more out of him than I'm seeing. Like I posted back then, he played in the same environment everyone else did. That's two starts in a row now. The following night it was hot and Scott Carroll stayed in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Found out about the Deno move. The corresponding move is OF Sean Danielson on TI list.
    How did you find this out? It sounds like Klinker will follow Owings after his first few innings, at least for his first few starts.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    My wife and I were at the second game he left early. I do not recall the guy throwing up. He turned and walked off the mound toward second base and that was it. He spit a couple of times and I still question his desire to be a starter. The next night he was in the pen chumming it up with everyone. I'm not going to go negative on the guy but I expect more out of him than I'm seeing. Like I posted back then, he played in the same environment everyone else did. That's two starts in a row now. The following night it was hot and Scott Carroll stayed in there.
    He did throw up. I asked him about it after the game. He said that he was embarrassed about it. After his first start he started feeling weird and then he got a cold or the flu or something and dealt with that over the All-Star break. He was throwing up and couldn't keep anything down and lost some weight because of him being sick.

The reason for him throwing up during the second start was because he drank too much water, he was pounding them before the game so he wouldn't get dehydrated but he had too much.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Neftali Soto has a double and HR (14) for Lynchburg who is up 2-0.

Turn Off Ads?