Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds fans, help Please.........

Reds fans, help Please.........

Big Reds fan from the bluegrass state here and I need some help from the great Reds fans that are out there who know something about Reds history. Today I acquired some old Reds magazines and inside of one of them were four tickets for the 1965 World Series to be held at Crosley Field between the national league vs. the american league. Of course we all know that the '65 series was between the Dodgers and Twins. Does anyone out there know why that these tickets were printed. They are authentic, so I have no doubt that this is not a current printing and does anyone know the value of these tickets because they are obviously still intact. Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds fans, help Please.........

The Reds were serious contenders that year. In the first week of September they were as close as a half game back. On September 26th they were only three games back. I believe it is customary for teams to print up post-season tickets ahead of time if there is a reasonable chance that the team will be in it. The Reds folded in the last week to finish 8 games back. But they were much closer for most of the season.

Thanks texasdave for your timely response. That was sort of what I figured had happened but I looked up the 1965 Reds and saw that they had finished fourth. Wow, they must have really folded the last few weeks of the season. Any thoughts on the value of the tickets?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyComeHome View Post
    Thanks texasdave for your timely response. That was sort of what I figured had happened but I looked up the 1965 Reds and saw that they had finished fourth. Wow, they must have really folded the last few weeks of the season. Any thoughts on the value of the tickets?? Thanks.
    I would ask WOY. He is a member in ORG. He is good with Reds' history and stuff like that.

Alot of times also World Series tickets are printed and sent out to season ticket holders along with the rest of the season incase the team goes all the way that year. Could be left over from a season ticket voucher.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Sounds like really cool memorabilia...congrats on possessing it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful. I knew that you guys would come through in the clutch.

You ever want to get rid of them let me know, I collect Reds ticket stubbs.

Mrmojorisen....how much do you think they are worth??

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I'd buy that for a $1.00
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Turn Off Ads?