Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't know if this goes here...

I don't know if this goes here...

but, what is your favorite reds game you went to? can be this year's or any in the past, my favorite game when I was a kid was my first reds game, reds were playing the cardinals and mr willie greene hit a grand slam to win it in the bottom of the 9th, it was a fun experience, even though we wasn't in the playoff race.

my other fond memory is when we were playing the mets i believe back in 2000 or something when benito santiago hit a grand slam against the mets, we was down like 8-1 in that game and came back, I can remember a game back in the 90s when duncan won a game for us at riverfront, can't remember which game it was though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I don't know if this goes here...

i think it was in 2000 when the Indians were good and my first game in awhile in Cincinnati since i live in NE Ohio. The reds were down like 5-1 and came back and won in 13.

I've only been to like 10 in person, but have gone once this year. So I'd have to say the Colorado game that Arthur had back to back strikeouts to get out of the bases loaded jam. The crowd was electric that night.

3 games stand out for me..
    1) i was at the game where the reds came back from a huge deficit and adam dunn hit a walk off grand slam
    2) long rain delay.. ken griffey jr hit a walk off home run. since it was a school night, a bunch of people had left and i had moved up to the first row behind 3rd base
    3) a game a long time ago that went into extra innings. i was there with my dad and they put in chris stynes to pinch hit. my dad said "why would they put stynes in? he's terrible." he then proceeds to hit a walk off hr

my favorite game was in 99 when we were playing the cardinals and pokey reese hit a upperdeck walkoff homerun in the bottom of the 13th, we went up 4 games that night, it was a wild game...

old chris stynes, he was a pretty good player.

Mine is from 1990. Sabo, Larkin and Davis hit back to back to back homeruns. Man, what a game that was.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Saw Dibble when he first came up. My Dad and I were sitting in the blue seats along third base back in Riverfront. He struck out the side on 9 pitches. Was amazing.

Not my favorite, but one of them.

my other favorite is when glenn braggs robbed the pirates hitter carmelo martinez..in the national league championship series, caught it over the wall, preserved the game and most likely the series..that was a amazing catch.

I was at Homer Bailey's debut with the Reds. Although he hasn't lived up to his hype, his debut was very exciting. He only went 5 innings, but in the 5th inning he had loaded the bases and then got out of it with a strikeout. GABP was rocking. Everyone was on their feet and going nuts as if we had just clinched the division or something.

Not my favorite (those are listed above), but it was definitely fun... and he got the W.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    my other favorite is when glenn braggs robbed the pirates hitter carmelo martinez..in the national league championship series, caught it over the wall, preserved the game and most likely the series..that was a amazing catch.
    .......and broke the bat over his back when he swung and missed a pitch. Had never seen anything like that. Braggs was muscle bound and didn't even flinch when the bat hit his back. Unreal.

1. Game 1 1990 World Series - ED with a 2-run jack and Rijo shut down the heavily favored A's
    2. Tom Browning Perfect Game - waited for over 2 hours under the canopy of the green seats to see history. Thanks Dad for not wanting to leave early.
    3. Ken Griffey Jr walkoff HR vs Nats in May of '06 - His first game off the DL in which Arroyo pitched 8 shutout innings only to see the pen blow it in the 9th and send it to extras. Jr hit the walkoff in the bottom of the 11th I believe.

hey vottomatic remember when Norm Charlton had that collision at home plate with the dodgers catcher Scioscia, it was the first sunday night game in history for the reds..I believe the reds won it 10-6. that was a wild game.

remember the ken griffey jr inside the park homerun walkoff against the cardinals eric ?

remember when scott scudder was called up in early may vottomatic? he pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball. he was a decent pitcher..

Turn Off Ads?