Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sundays

Sundays

Excluding a 14 to 3 win over the Cubs.

On our last SIX sundays, we have scored 6 runs. That includes none today and not one, not two, but THREE 1 - 0 losses.

Thus my post last week about being frustrated how this team plays on Sundays, and why I blamed it on the tone set forth by our Manager.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sundays

Go Cubs.

Quote To Note:

"These 1-0 games are killing us… I hate shutouts more than anything. You have no chance to win."
    —Manager Dusty Baker, after Cincinnati's 1-0 loss to Colorado on July 18.

Blaming Dusty on the lack of offensive production every Sunday is ridiculous. The players are the ones up there hacking and whiffing.

There comes a point in time where someone has to shoulder the blame and change something up.

The tone was set early when constantly we saw numerous poor lineups thrown out there on Sundays all but showing that the games just arent that important.

Sorry, but this is no longer an issue of where we are having a few bad games here and there, it is taking place virtually every sunday. We havent scored on a Sunday since July 4th

i mean the only thing diffrent about sunday games is that it's a day game after a night game. Do you think maybe the Reds stay out too late and don't get enough sleep. Maybe some kind of curfew for Saturday nights? I know it sounds very childish but maybe this is the cause... probably not but just a thought

Anyone know the Reds record in games where they could sweep? That appears to be the bigger issue.

It wasn't the lineup today, but we seem to have no killer instinct or urgency to do anything to sweep a series or on Sunday's. It's pretty pathetic.

Personally I think the tone was set early that the games obviously werent that important based on the way the games are managed right from jump.

Honestly I don't know how anyone can be blaming Dusty after today. Many people have been calling for Bruce to sit in favor of Heisey and that happened. Same result.

Minus Rolen, it doesn't appear to be a so called "Sunday Special" lineup.

I don't care what the opposing team's record is, it's always a difficult task to sweep. I think we should be more focused on the Reds continuing to take series.

3 out of the last 5 Sunday games, the Reds were going for sweeps, minus the Philly series and Chicago series (which we still won).

So as of late, the Reds have had successful weekend series excluding the disaster in Philadelphia.

Are avatars a perk?

We're 6-10 on Sundays this year. Of the 12 times we've been shutout this year, 6 of those have happened on Sundays. We're shutout 37.5% of the time if a game falls on a Sunday. We've also been shutout 3 times on a Saturday. So, 9 of our 12 shutouts have happened on a weekend day.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Personally I think the tone was set early that the games obviously werent that important based on the way the games are managed right from jump.
    Do you honestly believe that the players on this team are such mental midgets that they say to themselves "back on such a date Dusty ran out a lineup that proves he did not want to win, now I dont care about winning on Sundays." Does anyone really believe this is the mindset of our players. If so, start cutting them now because if this is actually how stupid our players are they have no sense being in the majors.
    Last edited by kfm; 07-25-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Blaming Dusty on the lack of offensive production every Sunday is ridiculous. The players are the ones up there hacking and whiffing.
    You know you are not allowed to blame the players for their performance

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Do you honestly believe that the players on this team are such mental midgets that they say to themselves "back on such a date Dusty ran out a lineup that proves he did not want to win, now I dont care about winning on Sundays." Does anyone really believe this is the mindset of our players. If so, start cutting them now because if this is actually how stupid our players are they have no sense being in the majors.
    LOL... exactly what I was thinking.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The players need to quit partying so much on Saturday nights if they really want to win this thing. They looked hungover to me.

Turn Off Ads?