Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haren traded to Angels

Haren traded to Angels

Per MLB Network,

Danny Haren traded to Angels for Joe Saunders and three minor league prospects.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 07-25-2010 at 06:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Haren traded to Angels

At least its not the Cards.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I love the Angels, so I love this deal. However, I have to ask the Diamondbacks what the heck they were doing with this. I'll wait for confirmation of the three prospects, but if they got out of this without Mike Trout or Hank Conger or any number of their top tier guys, they failed miserably in trading Haren.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I love the Angels, so I love this deal. However, I have to ask the Diamondbacks what the heck they were doing with this. I'll wait for confirmation of the three prospects, but if they got out of this without Mike Trout or Hank Conger or any number of their top tier guys, they failed miserably in trading Haren.
    All I heard was Arizona gets Saunders two minor league pitchers and a minor league player to be named later.

Angels deal for Haren

Reportedly, it's for Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez and a PTBNL...
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    All I heard was Arizona gets Saunders to minor league pitchers and a minor league player to be named later.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=5409169

The Los Angeles Angels acquired Dan Haren from the Arizona Diamondbacks for pitcher Joe Saunders, two minor league pitchers, left hander Patrick Corbin and right hander Rafael Rodriguez, and a player to be named.

Haren is 7-8 with a 4.60 ERA this season. He has struck out 141 and walked 29 in 141 innings this season.

Entering Sunday, the Angels are six games back of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers.
    YouTube - 10 minutes of the Price is Right losing horn
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm guessing the PTBNL is someone from last year's draft, although that's not a given.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

[QUOTE=Brutus the Pimp;2173143] I'll wait for confirmation of the three prospects.....QUOTE]

How could you even begin to assess the trade until you know who the prospects are?

[QUOTE=PuffyPig;2173150]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'll wait for confirmation of the three prospects.....QUOTE]

How could you even begin to assess the trade until you know who the prospects are?
    I was assessing the report of it being Corbin and Rodriguez with a PTBNL, though I should have mentioned that originally.

Those better be some darn good prospects, Saunders is a 4th/5th starter type in a good year...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

[QUOTE=Brutus the Pimp;2173151]
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

I was assessing the report of it being Corbin and Rodriguez with a PTBNL, though I should have mentioned that originally.
    I apologize for interpreting "I'll wait for confirmation of the three prospects" as meaning you didn't know who they were.......

From MLBTR

The player to be named later is a top prospect, a source tells Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic (via Twitter). They will choose the PTBNL from a short list, tweets Jon Heyman of SI, but it won't include 2009 first-round selection Mike Trout, according to Jeff Passan of Yahoo (via Twitter). A D'Backs official says that the PTBNL is "outstanding", tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

Resident PED Expert

Well, there is really no SP available to the Reds that is really that much of an upgrade over current in house options.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Well, there is really no SP available to the Reds that is really that much of an upgrade over current in house options.
    Depends on what you think of Oswalt.

Huge risk, was poor in the 2nd half last year too.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Depends on what you think of Oswalt.

Huge risk, was poor in the 2nd half last year too.
    Oswalt's contract and demands to have his 2012 option picked up, before you even know he is going to make it through 2011 healthy damn near makes him untradible to more than a handful of teams and the Reds are not one of those teams. A hurt Oswalt in 2011 or 2012 would handicap this roster beyond belief going forward. No way I would ever take that gamble.

Turn Off Ads?