Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So who likes Volquez for Hamilton trade now?

Re: So who likes Volquez for Hamilton trade now?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsLvr View Post
    You do realize that the HGH he tested positive for was taken for his injury, right?
    You do realize that he did not test positive for HGH, right?

Work on your facts a little more and try again

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Hamilton is injury prone, and he's already fallen off the wagon. Add in he has to have our last manager's brother around 24/7 as a baby sitter.

Just cracks me up how the Hamilton lovers are just like chicks with a big diamond..."OOOhhh look how shiny it is!" Get over it people.

It was a good trade for both teams, and we have many years ahead before you could ever truly judge it, so leave it be.
    I can not stand Hamilton but he is the better player then and now. The fact he needs a baby sitter is crazy, but maybe if Volquez had one he would not have used Steroids

And yes Josh is injury prone but he is also HR & RBI prone

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    And you know all this how?
    Cause I read about it when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    maybe if Volquez had one he would not have used Steroids
    He did not test positive for steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    I can not stand Hamilton but he is the better player then and now. The fact he needs a baby sitter is crazy, but maybe if Volquez had one he would not have used Steroids

And yes Josh is injury prone but he is also HR & RBI prone
    Dude, I'm not the one saying he needs a babysitter. That would be the teams he plays on. I don't know if Narron is still doing it, but he was here, and he went with Hamilton to Texas.

And it's been established that Volquez used the PED when he was trying to get his wife pregnant, not while he was playing. Did he make a mistake, yes! Did he pay the price, yes! So that means nothing now.

Is Josh a good player, yes! Is he great, well we'll know that in 15 years. I believe that his addictions could cause him to relapse at some point, which he has already done (and hopefully won't again), and continue to be injury prone.

Volquez is TOR material. Something we didn't have at the time of the trade. He got hurt, worked his butt off, came back early, will have his ups and downs this year, but he will probably be an even better pitcher down the road.

I make this trade everyday of the week...forever!

Sigh.....

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post

Is Josh a good player, yes! Is he great, well we'll know that in 15 years. I believe that his addictions could cause him to relapse at some point, which he has already done (and hopefully won't again), and continue to be injury prone.

Ok im tired of this getting spread around (Started by stubborn people on this board trying to defend their original beliefs)

HAMILTON DID NOT RELAPSE!

He was photographed at a bar with a beer in his hand and hot chicks surrounding him.

Ohhh Snap! If you call that a relapse from HARD core drugs like he WAS doing. You must be crazy and out of your mind.

Your at a bar, your a super stud baseball player, you have a beer and girls want to be around you. It happens.

it is not relapsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The order of "best starters in the National League" are:

Giants
    Cardinals
    Phillies
    Padres
    Braves
    Marlins
    Nope.

St. Louis
    San Francisco
    San Diego
    Florida
    Atlanta

Team ERA isn't that hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Ok im tired of this getting spread around (Started by stubborn people on this board trying to defend their original beliefs)

HAMILTON DID NOT RELAPSE!

He was photographed at a bar with a beer in his hand and hot chicks surrounding him.

Ohhh Snap! If you call that a relapse from HARD core drugs like he WAS doing. You must be crazy and out of your mind.

Your at a bar, your a super stud baseball player, you have a beer and girls want to be around you. It happens.

it is not relapsing.

Sure...

But yeah, just a beer in his hand and a hot chick nearby...

Thanks Rijo. This little night out got him in a lot of trouble, and he even admitted that he relapsed. On top of that, I'm sure his wife loves these photos...oooh the last one is one for her wallet!

None of this changes the fact that the trade had to be made. It was the only way to get a TOR starter three years ago.

As much as I loved watching him hit, Josh was a major distraction to the team and plenty was said as such at the time. It doesn't mean he isn't a great hitter or player. It just means that he didn't fit here.

Good luck to him, hope he stays clean.

Once in a lifetime talent. And the potential is being fully realized right now. I admit that I struggle with my thoughts on this trade everytime we get shut out.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Yep,just a beer.And his wife who has stuck with him through the hard times doesn't mind the females surrounding him.

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Yep,just a beer.And his wife who has stuck with him through the hard times doesn't mind the females surrounding him.
    She minds. She just can't do anything about it.

So where are the hot chicks?

Turn Off Ads?