Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How will you feel if Walt does nothing?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great, we have very good young talent and don't need to give it away

22 47.83%
  • Surprised, all teams in this position usually make trades to improve themselves

20 43.48%
  • SHOCKED, how can Walt not do anything

1 2.17%
  • PISSED, can't believe Walt is so out of touch with what this team needs.

3 6.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if Walt stands pat?

Re: What if Walt stands pat?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cabrera is hitting in July and getting on base (.338 OBP).

He's improving his Defense, clearly.

The DP turns have been great all season.

Maybe the problem is solved.
    Might be. .338 is still crappy for a lead off hitter. But for now it's our best bet. Stubbs is the problem here. He lost the game tonight by not even making contact with less than 2 outs and the bases loaded.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Like many others, I don't think the cost in terms of prospects is worth any of the available bats.

However, I'd be more than happy to go all in for an ace that the Reds would have for multiple years. In otherwords, persue Greinke.

I know the Royals want two mlb ready arms with potential to produce Greinke stats, but offer a bit less quality in exchange for a bit more quantity and see what happens.

The trade talks would probably start and end with Cueto and Wood. Furthermore, I don't think KC would be interested in Chapman's contract. KC doesn't really need Alonso or Mesoraco with Hosmer and Myers producing at AA. The two teams don't really appear to be a good match for this deal.

So, offer up Wood, Bailey, and any two minor leaguers and see what happens. It might take Wood, Bailey, Heisey, and any two minor leaguers. It would still be worth it - but not just for this year. I'm thinking of a long term rotation consisting of Greinke, Cueto, Volquez, Chapman, and Leake. Leake as a 5th starter? Sign me up.

In the end, the Reds have done a remarkable job of drafting over the past few years. Making a big splash for an ace requires a bit of faith that this trend can continue. The question is, are we happy with simply having a shot to make the playoffs? Or, do we want to be World Series contenders for a solid 3-5 year window? I say empty the cupboard and let's have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Might be. .338 is still crappy for a lead off hitter. But for now it's our best bet. Stubbs is the problem here. He lost the game tonight by not even making contact with less than 2 outs and the bases loaded.
    Didn't Hannigan come up and get a double right after that?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Didn't Hannigan come up and get a double right after that?
    I believe he did, now imagine an inning where Stubbs actually looked like a professional hitter and got the easy run in, then Hanigan hits that same double. Now we are leading instead of tied.

Turn Off Ads?