Gomes LF
    Bruce RF
    Stubbs CF
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P

Get a W.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7-26-10 Reds @ Brewers--the Return of Rolen

I was very puzzled by Carbrera leading off and I suspected something like what Sheldon mentions on his blog:

No Reds hitter has a more extensive history vs. Brewers LHP Randy Wolf than Orlando Cabrera, who is 13-for-41 (.317) with four doubles, one homer and six RBIs.

Cabrera has also been one of the hotter Reds hitters in general. He has hit safely in nine of his last 11 games (17-for-45, .378).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Reds will face off against the veteran lefty Randy Wolf. He was nails last year with the Dodgers, but has been dreck so far in 2010 with the Brewers:

5.20 ERA (76 ERA+), 5.8 K/9, 4.4 BB/9 (!), 1.30 K/BB, 1.56 WHIP

Those are all 5th-starterish numbers. With Rolen back in the lineup, I expect the Reds to jump out to a comfortable lead before Wolf is pulled tonight.
    Last edited by Screwball; 07-26-2010 at 04:45 PM.

I'm thrilled to have Rolen back! Let's kick some Brewer butt!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I was very puzzled by Carbrera leading off and I suspected something like what Sheldon mentions on his blog:

No Reds hitter has a more extensive history vs. Brewers LHP Randy Wolf than Orlando Cabrera, who is 13-for-41 (.317) with four doubles, one homer and six RBIs.

Cabrera has also been one of the hotter Reds hitters in general. He has hit safely in nine of his last 11 games (17-for-45, .378).
    I think it is a combination of how well Cabrera has hit lately and Phillips has really been struggling batting leadoff. Phillips is in a 3 for 30 slump right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    I think it is a combination of how well Cabrera has hit lately and Phillips has really been struggling batting leadoff. Phillips is in a 3 for 30 slump right now.
    Works for me.

I gotta say, I'm glad Rolen is back and this whole day-to-day thing has my mind in a preztel as to what to do/what should be done. I try to process it in my mind with a marginal cost perspective.

Let's say you think Rolen was going to miss 5 days...to me thats easy, don't DL him.
    But what if you are wrong after 5 days and now you think he is going to miss 8 days total. Do you DL Rolen so you can have 25 guys for the next 3 days...but then you will miss out on Rolen for 7 extra days that you would have have should you DL him. Now let's say after 8 days you are wrong again, but know you are really certain he will be back after 10 days. Again, 2 additional days with a 25 man plus 5 days no Rolen, or 2 additional days with 24 guys but 5 days with Rolen.

Can't say what the Reds did was right, can't say what they did was wrong. Day-to-day injuries...very hard to manage if you ask me.

Ugh! I forgot the game was on at 8 tonight......
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I'm surprised we managed to miss Jim Edmonds in their lineup again.. i'd much rather face Inglett

Ugh! I forgot the game was on at 8 tonight......
    Yeah, me too up until a few hours ago. Around 3:30-4 I started looking for the lineup, then realized it was a central time zone game, and I'd have to wait another hour or so.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

High five!

Chat is open for chatty goodness.

I survived the hour without taking a nap.....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

I will do PBP.

63 walks in 128 innings... 1st pitch swinging for OCab

Jockstocks Homepage

We are go
    Cabrera up

Turn Off Ads?