Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

  1. #1
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,749

    GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Top 10 Disgusting Stadium Food Vendor Health Violations...

    http://consumerist.com/2010/07/top-1...iolations.html

    No wonder people don't go to baseball games in Florida. 93% of vendors had critical violations.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member 15fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    5,495

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Didn't see a single violation related to beer.

    That's pretty much all I buy at a concession stand, so no worries for me.


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Hotdogs are a violation by design.

  5. #4
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Titletown, FL
    Posts
    3,851

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    When I was an undergrad @UF I used to work for the food service/concession folks.

    The stuff we used to do, considered acceptable, btw, would blow your mind.

    Let's just say I have never eaten a stadium hot dog since.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

  6. #5
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,782

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Hotdogs are a violation by design.
    Yes, of nature, taste, and all that is holy.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Yes, of nature, taste, and all that is holy.
    I like hotdogs though

  8. #7
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    4,025

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    I'm picturing this event occuring at the burger stand on the 3rd base line, the one not far from Penn Station and in front of the fan zone
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    This is a reflection upon the human resources and F&B of each of those stadiums. MOST of those violations have simple solutions... slight change of "rules" in the employee handbook or simply better organizing the stand.

    Start dropping the hammer and call up local temp agencies and most of those problems are solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  10. #9
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,475

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    This is a reflection upon the human resources and F&B of each of those stadiums. MOST of those violations have simple solutions... slight change of "rules" in the employee handbook or simply better organizing the stand.

    Start dropping the hammer and call up local temp agencies and most of those problems are solved.
    It's not really about rules in my opinion. Everyone knows what they shouldn't be doing. It's just a matter of people following them.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

  11. #10
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,749

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's not really about rules in my opinion. Everyone knows what they shouldn't be doing. It's just a matter of people following them.
    That's how I feel about it, too. I mean, what person with common sense thinks that it's OK to scrape a spatula on a trash can and then use it on food for customers? (No offense to those of you who scrape spatulas on trash cans and then use them in preparing food.)

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Hey any germs will be killed off when they use it on hot food durr.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    It's not really about rules in my opinion. Everyone knows what they shouldn't be doing. It's just a matter of people following them.
    You start getting tough and people will get it. IE Dropping the hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  14. #13
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    632

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    What I posted in the Sun Deck in another thread about this story:

    Oh man. I have one story from last year when the Vending department was under previous management, but I'll refrain. Ignorance is bliss.

    I can say that we have had no problems since that incident though. Under new (returning) management the standards are the highest they have ever been. The kosher dogs you get are fine. I personally watch them scrub those containers at the end of every workday. If you buy peanuts just make sure they are sealed, as the vacuum seal frequently pops/breaks just from normal handling. A vendor will gladly give you a new bag if the vacuum seal is not in tact.

    I don't work in the concession stands, so I can't speak to how well they're run.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    What I posted in the Sun Deck in another thread about this story:

    Oh man. I have one story from last year when the Vending department was under previous management, but I'll refrain. Ignorance is bliss.

    I can say that we have had no problems since that incident though. Under new (returning) management the standards are the highest they have ever been. The kosher dogs you get are fine. I personally watch them scrub those containers at the end of every workday. If you buy peanuts just make sure they are sealed, as the vacuum seal frequently pops/breaks just from normal handling. A vendor will gladly give you a new bag if the vacuum seal is not in tact.

    I don't work in the concession stands, so I can't speak to how well they're run.
    I'll atest to the vacuum seals being weak on some stuff. Had to waste many bags of Cracker Jacks and Peanuts the past couple years. I work at the WV Power Park and it comes from the top that we have to clean stuff that gets frequently used either end of the event or before the next one or someone gets canned.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  16. #15
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,475

    Re: GABP made the Top 10 List! (not a good one...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    You start getting tough and people will get it. IE Dropping the hammer.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that, although some people will still break the rules. But I was mostly responding to the part of your post mentioning changing the "rules" in the employee handbook. That part is unnecessary, as everyone knows what is acceptable and what's not. It's just a matter of them doing it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25