Turn Off Ads?

Thread: This from MLB.com

This from MLB.com

Reds mentioned in this article from MLB.com about picking up Octavio Dotel, doesn't mention who they would send the other way.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This from MLB.com

Can he hit lead off? There is no need for him in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Reds mentioned in this article from MLB.com about picking up Octavio Dotel, doesn't mention who they would send the other way.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

To me these lines stand out the most in that article:

The Reds are an interesting team in an interesting position. They don't have a lot of gaping holes, save possibly for the massive offensive struggles of shortstop Orlando Cabrera.

Shouldn't THAT be what we are addressing?

Dotel is having his typical season, with boatloads of strikeouts, a few too many walks and an enormous platoon split. Dotel obliterates right-handed hitters, of which the Cardinals have many. Dotel would not be much more than a tactical move, but that means he also would not require the kind of talent outlay that a major move would.
    Isn't this why we signed Springer and Izzy? Why not wait and see what they can do first? Also isn't Logan O. doing a sweet job and a RH pitcher?

Article was purely speculating. Nothing to see here.....move along.
    Better to be silent and thought a fool, than speak and be proven one.

Quote Originally Posted by TStuck View Post
    Article was purely speculating. Nothing to see here.....move along.
    About half the threads on this forum are speculating. Just thought I share it.

[QUOTE=brm7675;2175296]To me these lines stand out the most in that article:

The Reds are an interesting team in an interesting position. They don't have a lot of gaping holes, save possibly for the massive offensive struggles of shortstop Orlando Cabrera.

Yes it's not rocket science. But still over Dusty's head. Janish! Janish! Janish!

BP
    Hanigan (this will never happen in a million years with Dusty)
    Votto
    Rolen
    Bruce/Heisey
    Gomes/Heisey/Nix
    Stubbs/Heisey
    Janish

Me likey. Don't even care if Janish gets a shot at leading off.

[QUOTE=CWRed;2175349]
    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post

Yes it's not rocket science. But still over Dusty's head. Janish! Janish! Janish!
    For everyone who wants Dusty back next year, this is the exact reason why not. Everybody and their brother can see that the REDS need to replace Cabrera in the top of the lineup, but he's apparently untouchable for Walt because it seems that Baker has too much clout when it comes to roster makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Everybody and their brother can see that the REDS need to replace Cabrera in the top of the lineup, but he's apparently untouchable for Walt because it seems that Baker has too much clout when it comes to roster makeup.
    Um, isn't Walt Baker's boss? Clout or no clout, Baker seems to manage more from his gut than his brain.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Um, isn't Walt Baker's boss? Clout or no clout, Baker seems to manage more from his gut than his brain.
    He is and he isn't.

Baker is a friend of Castellini's, just like Walt.

I would say that both players report directly to Castellini, and that Baker has nearly as much control over the Major League roster as Walt does.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    I've said this before but I will take Dusty and his gut over the managers that we have had in the past that "went with the numbers" every time to a fault. Ie. Narron, Boone, etc. At least with Dusty, the players play.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Turn Off Ads?