Joey Votto 3
    Scott Rolen 5
    Jonny Gomes 7
    Jay Bruce 9
    Drew Stubbs 8
    Ramon Hernandez 2
    Edinson Volquez, RHP

vs. Yovani Gallardo (9-4, 2.45 ERA)
    Dusty is nothing else if not stubborn. Reds have two players with double-digit 0-fers going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7-27-2010 Tuesday Reds vs. Brew Crew

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Dusty is nothing else if not stubborn. Reds have two players with double-digit 0-fers going.
    Dusty is nothing else if not stupid.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

If Gallardo is back and truly healthy Stubbs will not make contact tonight. Not even a foul ball most likely. I just hope Volquez gives us another 1st day back effort, and not his 2nd start effort.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Maybe these guys surprise us tonight. I hope Volquez is solid tonight. We need a win
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I would love any of the Cincy beat reporters to ask Dusty just once, WHY are you so unwilling to shake up the lineup? I mean I know the guy with fox sports doesn't know how to ask anything but softball questions, but can't just 1 of the reporters coving the Reds call Dusty on it? Is it that tough?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I would love any of the Cincy beat reporters to ask Dusty just once, WHY are you so unwilling to shake up the lineup? I mean I know the guy with fox sports doesn't know how to ask anything but softball questions, but can't just 1 of the reporters coving the Reds call Dusty on it? Is it that tough?
    I'd kinda like to see Janish in the starting lineup 3 games a week replacing BPhil, OCab, and Rolen just to give them a little more rest to keep them fresh for October if they get there. Also, bat him 8th on those days.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    well he did earlier in the year. finally taking stubbs out of the lead off. but yea, i get your point. actually i'd love one of them to ask what janish needs to do to get more starts

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    If Gallardo is back and truly healthy Stubbs will not make contact tonight. Not even a foul ball most likely. I just hope Volquez gives us another 1st day back effort, and not his 2nd start effort.
    He needs to try to bunt a couple of times for a hit tonight.

Baker said. “The older players, the veteran players know how to get out, or a lot of times how not to get into a funk
    OCab, currently in an 0-10 funk, is OPSing a sickly .631 on the year. Explain that one, Dusty. I swear he talks just to hear himself talk.
    Last edited by texasdave; 07-27-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

OCab seems to have some spiritual veteran creaminess that spurs teams to make the playoffs. And the production to spur said team to playoffs doesn't usually appear to come from him. He has been beyond awful lately.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    OCab seems to have some spiritual veteran creaminess that spurs teams to make the playoffs. And the production to spur said team to playoffs doesn't usually appear to come from him. He has been beyond awful lately.
    The guy can still be a vet leader in the 8 spot in the order. I like having OCab on the team, but the guy needs more rest from Janish or whomever they can snag in a trade. I just don't see why he has to start all the time and hit 2nd. I think a little pine time will help his production - give him some rest, Dusty!

Ahhh... I see the negativity before the game tonight is alive and well.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Ahhh... I see the negativity before the game tonight is alive and well.
    Negativity? Huh? Are we not allowed to discuss the team's strengths and weaknesses? Do you not see Cabrera as a worthy topic of discussion?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I said yesterday that if our 2 top of the order players could get on base 4 times we'd win.

They got on base collectively 1 time (1 for 8) and they lost by only 1 run.

Today because the Brewers have a better pitcher going, I'll say that if they get on base 3 times (3 for 8, or 3 for 9, or 3 for 10), they will win. Give Votto, Rolen and Gomes chances and they will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    OCab, currently in an 0-10 funk, is OPSing a sickly .631 on the year. Explain that one, Dusty. I swear he talks just to hear himself talk.
    You can't get into a "funk" when your normal situation is "always in a funk".

Turn Off Ads?