Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Detroit Tigers Acquire Jhonny Peralta

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Detroit Tigers Acquire Jhonny Peralta

The Tigers acquired Jhonny Peralta and cash from the Indians for minor league pitcher Giovanni Soto, according to the team. MLB.com's Anthony Castrovince reports on Twitter that the Tigers are getting cash, and ESPN.com's Buster Olney says the Tribe will pay most of Peralta's salary (Twitter link). To make room on their 40-man roster, the Tigers designated Wilkin Ramirez for assignment (Twitter link).
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...y-peralta.html

A lot of us have had interest in him over the years, so I figured I'd post this. More on the trade is at the link above. It looks like it could be a pretty good deal for both sides.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...eraljh01.shtml
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=soto--001gio

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Detroit Tigers Acquire Jhonny Peralta

One can only hope Giovanni Soto gets traded at some point in his career to the Cubs to pitch to Geovany Soto.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    One can only hope Giovanni Soto gets traded at some point in his career to the Cubs to pitch to Geovany Soto.
    Has Ryan Braun ever pitched to Ryan Braun?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Red Sox once had catcher Javy Lopez and pitcher Javier Lopez at the same time, but, somehow, they were never in a game together. It was very disappointing.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nope, not in the majors. It might've happened in May of 2007 when they were both in AAA, though.

Baseballreference lists this Soto kid as 6'3" and 155 lbs. He must be a sight like Jim Carvell in a baseball uni.

Turn Off Ads?