Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dickerson continues to destroy

Dickerson continues to destroy

He's up to a .444 average at Louisville, with a .667 OBP. I think he needs to be brought up soon, made starting CF, and batting leadoff IMMEDIATELY. I have no idea what date his rehab is up, but it's gotta be coming up soon.

A lineup of this down the stretch would just kick ass, but I'm getting my hopes up for nothing probably:

1) Dickerson
    2) Phillips
    3) Votto
    4) Rolen
    5) Hernandez/Hanigan
    6) Gomes
    7) Bruce
    8) Cabrera

Bench: Stubbs, Heisey, Hanigan/Hernandez, Cairo, Janish

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dickerson continues to destroy

I would hope a 28 year old would be able to destroy AAA pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I would hope a 28 year old would be able to destroy AAA pitching.
    There's plenty of players who don't who are older. The guy can be a huge asset down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWilly View Post
    There's plenty of players who don't who are older. The guy can be a huge asset down the stretch.
    Until he gets injured again.

World Series walkoff slam.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

....if he continues to hit. My cautionary advice would be to remember how well Volquez was doing before being brought up and then the less than spectacular results since.

I would love nothing more than for Dickerson to come up and tear the cover off the ball. It would solve one of my biggest complaints, IF DUSTY WOULD BAT HIM LEADOFF and move OCab to 7th in the order, and move BP to the 2-hole.

But I'm always cautious in predicting what will happen, because you just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    ....if he continues to hit. My cautionary advice would be to remember how well Volquez was doing before being brought up and then the less than spectacular results since.

I would love nothing more than for Dickerson to come up and tear the cover off the ball. It would solve one of my biggest complaints, IF DUSTY WOULD BAT HIM LEADOFF and move OCab to 7th in the order, and move BP to the 2-hole.

But I'm always cautious in predicting what will happen, because you just don't know.
    Volquez still has starts he struggled with in Triple A, and he always had had a wild streak. Dickerson's career numbers, while not a ton of games, but in 148 total games, he has a .274/.367/.421 line, which is worlds better than Stubbs right now, and a couple years ago was our best player for a few week as he was on an amazing hot streak.

If he gets injured again, fine, so be it. I don't think his fluke injuries mean he will get injured in the future anyway in the first place. But even so, that's no reason not to start the guy.

Volquez still has starts he struggled with in Triple A, and he always had had a wild streak. Dickerson's career numbers, while not a ton of games, but in 148 total games, he has a .274/.367/.421 line, which is worlds better than Stubbs right now, and a couple years ago was our best player for a few week as he was on an amazing hot streak.

If he gets injured again, fine, so be it. I don't think his fluke injuries mean he will get injured in the future anyway in the first place. But even so, that's no reason not to start the guy.
    Its a bad sign when a couple years ago, Dickerson was the Reds "best" player...

Anyone with a career .367 OBP and plays good Defense is going to be a real asset to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Its a bad sign when a couple years ago, Dickerson was the Reds "best" player...
    He was batting .304/.413/.608, which would be only behind Votto and Hanigan in offense on this year's team even.

I'm ready for him too, very small sample size in Louisville but hitting has never been an issue with him. While they are at it, Balentien needs a shot too if Heisey isn't going to get regular starts.

He was batting .304/.413/.608, which would be only behind Votto and Hanigan in offense on this year's team even.
    He hit .304 in 102 AB's with 15 RBI
    He hit .275 in 255 AB's with 15 RBI a year later

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=29209

I am not trying to be weird here, but he isn't going to be the Offensive Player this team needs, I would rather have Stubbs out there playing Good D with some POP...

I'm not terribly concerned with what a guy hits or even how many runs he knocks in. I'm concerned with getting on base in front of Votto and Rolen. We need a lead off man. If Dickerson can fill that role, that would be fantastic. Certainly it's worth a shot, be it at Stubbs' expense or Gomes'.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

"A couple of years ago............our best player for a few weeks.....he was on an amazing hot streak."

About 25 years ago, I was in the best shape of my life, just out of boot camp, and I had an amazing hot streak playing b-ball at the park, and whooped up on my high school classmate who made All-City in varsity b-ball.

P.S. - but one hot streak does make me better than him.

As someone pointed out in the Minor League thread, it looks like he's ready for the REDS.

Hits two Doubles tonight and gets thrown out on the bases after both of them.

Turn Off Ads?