Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The wild Card

The wild Card

There is no way in the world that the Reds and Card don't finish 1 and 2 in the Central....It's the Giants that are the problem...the poor Mets...that loss last night after comoing back and still losing was a bone crusher. They are toast.

Reds/Cards are a game and a half behind in the WC race to SF...I can't figure that out as both teams are in 1st. All I know for sure is that when the Reds and Cards play SF they must WIN! There is a ray of light...Lincecum has done poorly in September...I think he did not get a win in his last 6 starts last year.

What do you think?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: The wild Card

I want the Division crown

Quote Originally Posted by KOBasinger View Post
    I want the Division crown
    There IS no honor in winning the Div. crown if you lose in the 1st round. Do you think the Cards were proud last year to win it and get swept in the 1st round?

Screw the Div. champ. Just make it to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    There is no way in the world that the Reds and Card don't finish 1 and 2 in the Central....It's the Giants that are the problem...the poor Mets...that loss last night after comoing back and still losing was a bone crusher. They are toast.

Reds/Cards are a game and a half behind in the WC race to SF...I can't figure that out as both teams are in 1st. All I know for sure is that when the Reds and Cards play SF they must WIN! There is a ray of light...Lincecum has done poorly in September...I think he did not get a win in his last 6 starts last year.

What do you think?
    It's not even August yet. The Wild Card picture could change drastically in the next month. SF may not even be the Wild Card leader in a week or two. They could fall apart, or they could take the division lead. It could be SF, or SD, or Philly, or the Dodgers, or Colorado could do their late year run. Every game is a must win in a pennant race.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    It's not even August yet. The Wild Card picture could change drastically in the next month. SF may not even be the Wild Card leader in a week or two. They could fall apart, or they could take the division lead. It could be SF, or SD, or Philly, or the Dodgers, or Colorado could do their late year run. Every game is a must win in a pennant race.
    I feel differently about it....the Pads win the west going away...Rockies have NO chance,,,LA is a joke....SF is the real deal. The NL champ Phillies will be a problem. But the Reds WILL make the post season.

Cards and Reds MUST play .500 or better vs. SF and Phil. That's all.

I feel differently about it....the Pads win the west going away...Rockies have NO chance,,,LA is a joke....SF is the real deal. The NL champ Phillies will be a problem. But the Reds WILL make the post season.

Cards and Reds MUST play .500 or better vs. SF and Phil. That's all.
    The Padres have a 2.5 game lead, you consider SF the real deal, and the Padres win the west going away? Are they going to play .700 ball?

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    The Padres have a 2.5 game lead, you consider SF the real deal, and the Padres win the west going away? Are they going to play .700 ball?
    I don't know....but they will win their Div. SF has holes.

I don't know....but they will win their Div. SF has holes.
    but they are the real deal. Sorry, but you are contradicting yourself.

I personally like SF better than SD, and I think SF wins the division. Yet we will see.

Without checking everyone's schedule, I feel comforted in the fact that we most benefit from an unbalanced schedule. While other teams, especially those out West, are beating up on each other, we will be playing a lot of games against less Central division opponents.

No matter what happens in the playoffs, I would find the season more gratifying if we got there by besting St. Louis for the division title than besting the best of the rest for the Wild Card.

I think the point is that it just may be easier to win the division than it is to win the WC. No matter, just make the playoff's....PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I think the point is that it just may be easier to win the division than it is to win the WC. No matter, just make the playoff's....PLEASE!
    You may be right about that.

The satisfaction of winning the division over the Cardinals has to be taken into account.

Turn Off Ads?