Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Buck Showalter to Manage Orioles

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Buck Showalter to Manage Orioles

I thought this was worth a mention here since we talk so often about managerial and player changes throughout the season...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5420224

I think Showalter is a good hire for the Orioles and hopefully he can help put that team together better so they can at least be respectable next year and beyond. They have some good players there and it's hard to watch them struggle so much. Whip them into shape Buck!

I'll miss his random oddities from his Buck Stops Here segment on BBTN though. I'm probably the only one here who feels that way, LOL : I guess the Buck stops in Baltimore now. *ba da bum*
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Buck Showalter to Manage Orioles

Underrated manager, interesting to see if he does anything with the O's.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I wonder how long he has wanted to get back into managing. He's been out of it since '06.

Also wonder if time behind the mic and time in the front office have mellowed him any. He used to be known as a screamer.
    /r/reds

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Wow, Heather, a fan of the Reds and Orioles. It hasn't been the greatest baseball decade for you, LOL.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Heather and I in the same boat. Reds are my favorite and nobody else close, but I liked the Orioles, growing up (loved Brooks, Frank, and Boog) and lived in Fredericksburg VA, which is about 90 minutes from Baltimore, for nearly 10 years before moving to Charlotte in 2002.

Like that they hired Showalter. Now, if Angelos will only listen to him and let him do his thing.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Turn Off Ads?