Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Louisville Options?

Louisville Options?

OK, so if the Reds do not make a trade, who down at Louisville could come up and help the Reds during the stretch run and who would they replace? I was looking at the Bats roster and come up with a few.....

Russ Springer-RP
    Jared Burton- RP
    Juan Francisco- 3B
    VLad Balentien- OF (leads team with 20 HR and has been tearing it up lately)
    Chris Dickerson- OF
    CHAPMAN- RP

So who on the roster goes???

Nix, Heisey, Fisher...what moves do you do?

Don't forget that Homer has started rehab....if the Reds stay in contention Aug 31st looms large since that is when 25 man-playoff rosters are set (correct? course I could be wrong).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Louisville Options?

Jordan Smith or Fisher for pitcher. I would like to see Nix DFA'd, but there is no guarantee he would go to the minors. By default, it's probably Heisey.
    Last edited by scott91575; 07-30-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Looking at the Reds bench they have :
    Hannigan/ Hernandez, Cairo, Janish, Nix, and Heisey....

No way do I let Heisey go down, he has been a threat off the bench. Cairo has gotten the job done too. Janish and Nix would look to be two places the Reds could improve as far as hitting (due to Dusty never wanting to use Janish). But the Reds can't do anything with Janish due to losing middle infield defense (even though he has been rarely used). Does Janish have options if the Reds want to send him down prior to Aug 31st and then bring him back for September? If so.....???

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

More likely than not Chapman is going to be up soon. He's been pitching well and they're going to want to give him a couple week trial run before the 31st to know whether they want to carry him for the playoffs. If Bray stumbles at all I'd expect Aroldis to get the call.

Bailey will likely be called up to replace Fisher as soon as he's finished his starts in Louisville.

Barring major blowups/injuries in August from Ondrusek, Smith, Rhodes, Cordero, or Masset they look like locks for the 25-man. Burton, Springer, and Isringhausen are probably the next call-ups (in that order) behind the two aforementioned.

Balentien is not going to be seeing the majors this season. Dickerson however, should keep Nix on his toes as far as I'm concerned, and the Reds are going to have a decision to make when his rehab assignment is up later in August.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm kind of loyal to the guys who got us here, except for pitchers. So I have a problem DFAing Nix.

Not a huge fan of his, but not a detractor either.

Turn Off Ads?