Turn Off Ads?

Thread: SRO tickets

Johnny Cueto Fan

SRO tickets

Me and a couple buddies bought SRO tickets. What should we expect? Never been to a game without a seat. We're hoping to find some seats. Should we not get our hopes up? Anybody know the best places to stand? I'm thinking out by the right foul pole but it's always crowded there.
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SRO tickets

I've never done that either but I am positive you will be able to find seats. Even if it's "sold out" I think you will have no trouble in finding some seats up in the 500s.

tomorow with it being bobble head game I would agree as a number of people by a bunch of cheap seat tickets just to get the bobbleheads to sell, tonight might be a bit tougher..

They put in tables behind the seats around the lower level this year that are first come. If you go early grab one of those out by the foul pole. This park was definitely not made to accommodate a SRO crowd.

"The Gap" along the first place line is a great place to stand in the second deck. Or out by the smokestacks in right center.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    They put in tables behind the seats around the lower level this year that are first come. If you go early grab one of those out by the foul pole. This park was definitely not made to accommodate a SRO crowd.
    It definitely is made to handle SRO crowds. Can you imagine trying to find a place to stand and watch in Riverfront? GABP has open concourses all the way around the field on the lower level and all the way down the 3rd base line in the upper level. There are tons of places to stand and watch the game without a seat.

To the original poster, my advice would be to try to get a spot by where FSN does Reds Live. Once they clear out that area has some of the better views of the field. Also, grabbing a table as suggested above would be best. The 1st base side is usually more crowded simply because the concourse is narrower than by 3rd base. Out by the right field foul pole is definitely more of a party atmosphere if you're looking for that. In the upper deck, the gap would be perfect, but it will be hard to find a spot there unless you get there VERY early.

On a side note, I wonder if the Reds will set up bleachers like they did for the Civil Rights Game? Since they have been selling SRO tickets for a couple of days now I would think there is a good possibility of this.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

CF by the smokestacks is good if you can get on the rail, but its usually pretty crowded. Above that you have a bar/standing area between the bleachers and the walkway to the party deck. There is a large standing area by the RF pole, but your view of the RF corner is obscured. The Gap isn't a bad option, but it will also be crowded.

There are also the tables on the LF line behind the seats where you get a pretty good view, and anything you can't see in the LF corner you can watch on the tubes they have by every aisle entrance. You also have the TV's behind you so you can root against the Cards in between innings.

You may be able to get seats in the stands, but be prepared to move around a lot if you want to go that route.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    On a side note, I wonder if the Reds will set up bleachers like they did for the Civil Rights Game? Since they have been selling SRO tickets for a couple of days now I would think there is a good possibility of this.
    What do you mean by bleachers? Where were they located?

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
    It definitely is made to handle SRO crowds. Can you imagine trying to find a place to stand and watch in Riverfront? GABP has open concourses all the way around the field on the lower level and all the way down the 3rd base line in the upper level. There are tons of places to stand and watch the game without a seat.

To the original poster, my advice would be to try to get a spot by where FSN does Reds Live. Once they clear out that area has some of the better views of the field. Also, grabbing a table as suggested above would be best. The 1st base side is usually more crowded simply because the concourse is narrower than by 3rd base. Out by the right field foul pole is definitely more of a party atmosphere if you're looking for that. In the upper deck, the gap would be perfect, but it will be hard to find a spot there unless you get there VERY early.

Anything compared to Riverfront is good, you can't really make that comparison. I've been to many MLB parks and GABP lacks quite a bit in the SRO department.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc2010 View Post
    What do you mean by bleachers? Where were they located?
    They were on the concourse behind the right field foul pole. This is the best picture I could find.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Cool, I was upstairs that day, never knew they made that additional seating. Didn't look to see if they put it up yesterday, but I doubt it. They haven't had those up since that series.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Turn Off Ads?