Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Please

I know Cordero is not going anywhere....I wish he was, but he's not.

PLEASE get rid of Drew Stubbs. The dude is athletic as hell, but I see several guys just like that in the gym on a daily basis. Doesn't mean these d'bags should be starting center fielders.

Calling for Chris Dickerson is like calling for a glass of diet pepsi when you're about to die of dehydration, but enough is enough. Drew Stubbs is just not that good at baseball. He may be fast, he may be nimble.... but it seems certain he was a waste of the 1st round pick we spent on him.

Cordero is a below-average reliever...loss tonight was just as much his fault as Drew's...but we owe Cordero way too much money to demote or remove him from his role. Stubbs just needs to go. Sorry for the Archie Bunker take there, but enough is enough. Stubbs needs to go.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Please

While I don't like Stubbs, there are not any CF out there worth anything. Dickerson would help though. Stubbs has been terrible. I would not ship him out to another team, but it's time to put him on the pine for a while (or maybe some AAA at bats).

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    While I don't like Stubbs, there are not any CF out there worth anything.
    Doesn't need to be. Stubbs' best quality was supposed to be his defense, which has been shoddy at best. Just cut bait, bring up freaking Dickerson or get creative and find a bad team with a good CF that wants to deal. David DeJesus's injury should not be Reds' ultimate excuse as to why we didn't improve the situation.

Give Heisey a shot Dusty.....

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Give Heisey a shot Dusty.....
    Give HI-C a raise and he may get it. Pay him like a minor leaguer and we will only see him occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Doesn't need to be. Stubbs' best quality was supposed to be his defense, which has been shoddy at best. Just cut bait, bring up freaking Dickerson or get creative and find a bad team with a good CF that wants to deal. David DeJesus's injury should not be Reds' ultimate excuse as to why we didn't improve the situation.
    Hey, I am all for Dickerson is CF. I just want to say it's not time to ship out Stubbs to another team. I am fine with him in the organization. He just shouldn't be the starting CR right now.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I don't like the idea of "getting rid" of him. I think he needs to start losing some starts to Heisey right now, but he needs to stay on the 25-man.

That play Heisey made tonight? I have no confidence that any other OF on the team gets that ball. He continues to hit the ball. He needs to get more starts in CF. Once Stubbs reaches .220-territory then his struggles can't be ignored anymore.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Hey, I am all for Dickerson is CF. I just want to say it's not time to ship out Stubbs to another team. I am fine with him in the organization. He just shouldn't be the starting CR right now.
    C-dick may not have the range defensively that stubbs has but his bat is 10x what stubbs is so i'd b happy that he took his place

None of our outfielders deserve to start everyday right now. Gomes is basically worthless these days. I don't really like Nix but he's gonna have to see some time in left. Bruce should never start a game against a left handed pitcher. And Stubbs, he needs be the 5th outfielder while we are still in the race. He would be a great defensive replacement or a pinch runner in late situations. I hope that by call up or by trade we can get a productive outfielder on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    I don't like the idea of "getting rid" of him. I think he needs to start losing some starts to Heisey right now, but he needs to stay on the 25-man.

That play Heisey made tonight? I have no confidence that any other OF on the team gets that ball. He continues to hit the ball. He needs to get more starts in CF. Once Stubbs reaches .220-territory then his struggles can't be ignored anymore.
    .220 is your Mendoza line? Are you serious?????

Stubbs has past the point where any rational baseball fan can defend him. If our point of no return is .220....for crying out loud.... I need a beverage

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I'm saying there's no way Dusty can ignore it when he gets into the .220's. He clearly needs to get a lot more time off right now, and I recognize that. His average has dropped 30+ points in the last week and a half, 0-fers are the norm, he needs to collect himself.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Are avatars a perk?

Somebody please tell me why Stubbs' name always comes up as the outfielder that shouldn't be playing or should be platooned. Look, he's not great, I know that. But I could argue he's been more productive than Bruce. He's got more RBI's, more runs scored, more home runs, more stolen bases, a higher batting average with RISP, and does this while lower in the batting order than Bruce. And if you want to talk about how much he strikes out, Bruce isn't far behind him: 95 vs. 106.

Some say they're sick of seeing "Fire Dusty" threads. I'm sick of these because they make even less sense.

The "OMG we lost a game" overreaction continues around these parts

You want to call anyone out, call Jay Bruce out... PERIOD!

Stubbs? Stubbs?

Jay Bruce is the one who struck out with 1 out and a man on 3rd in the bottom of the 8th IN A TIE GAME. Score, and we most likely win. I don't care if you have to stand on your freaking head and bunt the ball with your toes, you HAVE to get the man home in that situation. You CANNOT strike out. PERIOD. EVER.

Stubbs??

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I know Cordero is not going anywhere....I wish he was, but he's not.

PLEASE get rid of Drew Stubbs. The dude is athletic as hell, but I see several guys just like that in the gym on a daily basis. Doesn't mean these d'bags should be starting center fielders.

Calling for Chris Dickerson is like calling for a glass of diet pepsi when you're about to die of dehydration, but enough is enough. Drew Stubbs is just not that good at baseball. He may be fast, he may be nimble.... but it seems certain he was a waste of the 1st round pick we spent on him.

Cordero is a below-average reliever...loss tonight was just as much his fault as Drew's...but we owe Cordero way too much money to demote or remove him from his role. Stubbs just needs to go. Sorry for the Archie Bunker take there, but enough is enough. Stubbs needs to go.
    Yeah we could have drafted Tim Lincecum... If only this organization had a draft plan back then...

Turn Off Ads?