Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: if walt doesn't do something..

if walt doesn't do something..

before this deadline passes then, we will have succeeded in letting the cardinals beat us at our own game, I realize westbrook isnt much but still they went and improved themselves and how does he expect us to win within our system when our top hitters are striking out and doing nothing at the plate? please tell me...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: if walt doesn't do something..

Walt is a very respected GM because he knows what he's doing. There doesn't appear to be much on the market that would be a solid upgrade over what we currently have. It's pretty simple actually.

It's not like Walt can hold GM's hostage to get whatever players he wants. The market isn't very good, sellers are asking too much for talent that isn't worth it. Making a trade just to make one would be a poor choice considering the continual rise of value of prospects in the Reds minor league system. Why sell an Alonso short this year, when alone next year he could bring in a Cy Young winner? Of course that's depending on if he plays to his ability.

If the Reds stand pat, I will be perfectly happy knowing the boost the pen will get at the expansion in September.

T-minus 13 minutes and counting....

I'm just tired of waiting and waiting. I want a winner and yes we have done good this year but if we want to beat the cardinals we have to outsmart them and try to at leastdo something. izzy and springer won't get it done.

typical reds front office...and they wonder why the fans don't give support
    because they do not show that they want to go the extra mile to win, we are in a dang playoff race and we need to improve this club and they sit back and do nothing.

plz... the cardinals have gotten worse in my opinion because they got rid of ludwick

Jeremy Hermida was DFA'd by the Redsox. He would be an upgrade over Gomes. He wouldnt be a huge upgrade but still its an upgrade.

I'll be dissapointed if there is no deal, but I'm also willing to admit the reality that there just isn't that much out there that's a huge upgrade for this team. With Lee off the market, there's not big bat like Holliday or Texeria to be had this year. Dunn is the closest, and they evidently want the world for him.
    Sto Pro Veritate

well another season down the drain without walt improving this ballclub, I am extremely disappointed, and if the giants improve and cardinals improve we will be watching the playoffs from our house. disappointed in you walt jocketty.

keep in mind that we will be hearing announced deals until about 4:30 so i'm not giving up yet

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    plz... the cardinals have gotten worse in my opinion because they got rid of ludwick
    They were in a bind. What were they going to do with the .400 hitting Jon Jay who has carried the team for 2 weeks? Rasmus has been crummy but they are commited to him in Center for the next 10 years.

Still, they gave up a lot more than they recieved.

heres my fear, clearly we're in a special year, with some guys like gomes/cairo and others having career years. we dont make a move and stand pat, yea...we might win the central, or finish a couple games out, miss the WC. who knows how next year goes. yea we'll expect votto to be votto, maybe not what hes doing now, but decent. we hope bruce/stubbs get better, and hope the pitching continues to grow. but what about cabrera, hes only getting older, rolen as well. gomes and cairo prob dont do what they have this year.

then we'll be right back to, well last year was a fluke. thats why the FO needs to show the fans something.

EXACTLY FYLER!!!! the front office is showing me nothing...

Dodgers just acquired Octavio Dotel for two minor leaguers -- Lamb and McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    well another season down the drain without walt improving this ballclub, I am extremely disappointed, and if the giants improve and cardinals improve we will be watching the playoffs from our house. disappointed in you walt jocketty.
    Down the drain?! If I recall we're a .5 game out of 1st at the end of July. Not exactly what I'd call a season down the drain.

Turn Off Ads?