Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday, July 31, Minor League Updates

Saturday, July 31, Minor League Updates

Looks like this will be my first thread ever started.

Homer is dealing. 6 innings, 2 h, 2 bb, 3 k, 77 pitches as the Bats are up 6-0.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saturday, July 31, Minor League Updates

Dickerson: 1-for-2 two walks, SB
    Cozart: 2-for-3
    Alonso: 2-for-2 two doubles, 3 RBI
    Frazier: 1-for-2 double, walk
    Francisco: 1-for-3 double
    Dorn: 1-for-3 HR (#9)
    Miller: 1-for-2 HBP

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yonder Alonso is 2-3 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI. Zack Cozart is also 2-3.

Cozart is up to .787 OPS I think if my math is correct.

Going into this one, the Bats had won 8 in a row, 11 out of 12, 21 out of 25. That's serious.

Corky Miller is a phenom.

Has anyone with the Reds spoken yet on when they expect to do something with Dickerson?

Almost wonder if the Reds would think about bringing up Dickerson and letting Stubbs figure things out at AAA for awhile. This would allow Heisey and Dickerson to get some time in CF.

The DSL Reds won today, 7-0, behind 6-foot-4, 202-pound, 19-year-old righthander Eliezer Beard.

His line: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 3 K.

His season: 46.1 IP, 32 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 15 BB, 25 K. ERA 1.17.

A pretty good hitter on that team (other than Carlos Sanchez) has been 18-year-old outfielder Brayan Arias, whose 2-for 3 day put him at .329, with an OBP of .424.
    Last edited by mace; 07-31-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Almost wonder if the Reds would think about bringing up Dickerson and letting Stubbs figure things out at AAA for awhile. This would allow Heisey and Dickerson to get some time in CF.
    I would absolutely go for this.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    I think the Reds are doing a disservice to Stubbs growth at this point. The kid is striking out one out of every three AB's. He needs a break. I would love to see Dickerson get a shot at center with Heisey, mix it up. Some change needs to happen with Stubbs. This 'wait and see' isn't working.

Homer Bailey done after 6 2/3, 3 hits, 2 walks, 3 k's ..... 83 pitches and 0 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    I think the Reds are doing a disservice to Stubbs growth at this point. The kid is striking out one out of every three AB's. He needs a break. I would love to see Dickerson get a shot at center with Heisey, mix it up. Some change needs to happen with Stubbs. This 'wait and see' isn't working.
    With Votto and Rolen getting on base as much as they do, and Gomes slumping (and not driving them in as frequently as he did early in the year), the lineup is squandering too many scoring chances by leaving it to Bruce and Stubbs back-to-back. I think Stubbs needs a break, as has been said, and I'd love to see Bruce moved to the 2-hole in the lineup. That way, he'd see a lot of strikes with Votto behind him, and he'd have less pressure to drive in runs. Plus, I think Cabrera would do a better job of bringing home the baserunners.

Dickerson is 1-3 with a pair of walks tonight.

Get that man up here.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yonder Alonso just hit a HR. He is now 3-5 with a HR and 2 doubles. July marked the 1 year mark of his broken hamate bone. July has led to a .366/.423/.644 line for him.

Yea but what is he hitting against lefties?

Turn Off Ads?