Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love seeing the Braves lose

I love seeing the Braves lose

Here's to a series clinching W tomorrow...ATL is the team I hate the most in the MLB. Seeing Jason Heyward choke at the final AB was too sweet - those fans treat him like he's already in the HOF. It's quite disgusting

Go Redlegs

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I love seeing the Braves lose

Me 2 I HATE the BRAVES~

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

The most recent list I've seen of other popular teams in the city of Cincinnati had the Braves as the second most popular baseball squad.

I've lived in Atlanta since the fall of '93. This town is pathetic for baseball. Very few real fans. Not much but posers at the games. I mean they don't even sell out playoff games.

To add insult to injury, you have no idea how many times I've watched the Braves destroy us the last 17 years. In every way imaginable, and usually in embarassing fashion.

Every game we beat the Braves is better than Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Every game we beat the Braves is better than Christmas!
    THIS!!! I feel like I got my Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain from Santa today! A win tomorrow will be the GIJoe Skystriker and Cobra Rattler that I never got but kept writing for!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I've lived in Atlanta since the fall of '93. This town is pathetic for baseball.
    Sports in general. Thrashers and Hawks have poor fan bases too.

But yeah, I agree. Turner Field/Braves baseball has never impressed me when I've been to Atlanta. A few true fans linger in center field usually, but otherwise it's dull (or has been when I've been).

i like the braves just not right now or this season as they will be competing in the WC with the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC119 View Post
    Here's to a series clinching W tomorrow...ATL is the team I hate the most in the MLB. Seeing Jason Heyward choke at the final AB was too sweet - those fans treat him like he's already in the HOF. It's quite disgusting

Go Redlegs
    Yeah he choked, he call rung up on a good pitch. He has also knocked in the winnings runs VS the Reds at least twice this season

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    The most recent list I've seen of other popular teams in the city of Cincinnati had the Braves as the second most popular baseball squad.
    Where did you see this?

I figured that it would be the Yankees, or Indians.

Yankees b/c some people prob. got tired of the Reds, and the jumped on the Yankee bandwagon, and Indians, because there are probably a decent number of ppl in Cincy who are originally from NE Ohio.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

In defense of Braves fans, it can prove difficult to sell out a stadium that big. 50k? I'd wonder if the Reds would ever sell out (sans Opening Day) if GABP could pack that many people in. Not selling out playoff games is bad though, I guess you can just chalk it up to that almost being a part of the regular season for Atlanta fans for so long.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I was searching for the list of popular teams in cities that have teams.. but I couldn't find it, I heard it a few years ago, but can't seem to find the link .

I have often heard Atlanta referred to as a city in the south as opposed to a southern city. Is it possible that the city is made up of so many people from other regions that it lacks a real home town fan base? Just wondering...

Muddie, I've live in ATL the last 15 years and it is rare to meet someone who is a native of ATL. By no means do I like the Braves but I've learned to respect them. They are not dead until that final out (as I witnessed earlier this season) and the "double tap" should be mandatory for them ($1 to Zombieland). I think you'll find a lot of the die hard fans in the surrounding areas of ATL thanks largely to the early days of TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Muddie, I've live in ATL the last 15 years and it is rare to meet someone who is a native of ATL. By no means do I like the Braves but I've learned to respect them. They are not dead until that final out (as I witnessed earlier this season) and the "double tap" should be mandatory for them ($1 to Zombieland). I think you'll find a lot of the die hard fans in the surrounding areas of ATL thanks largely to the early days of TBS.
    I'm a purist who never leaves a game till the final out. For years I've sat laughing to myself as the "fans" file out of the stadium starting at the end of the 7th. If the Braves are losing, even more go. So many times, I've watched them come back and win in the 8th and 9th. I never count them out, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    In defense of Braves fans, it can prove difficult to sell out a stadium that big. 50k? I'd wonder if the Reds would ever sell out (sans Opening Day) if GABP could pack that many people in. Not selling out playoff games is bad though, I guess you can just chalk it up to that almost being a part of the regular season for Atlanta fans for so long.
    Riverfront held 54K. I'd love to know if they ever didn't sell it out for a playoff game.

I blame it all on fair weather fans. Yes they made the playoff's 14 years straight so maybe the playoff's got too boring for people. But the population of this city went from 1 million in '93 to about 5.5 million now. That doesn't include the farther reaches of Brave Territory, just the surrounding city. Shouldn't be that hard to find 50K who want to watch a playoff game.

Then there is the transient issue as well. I have so many arguments with people over my disinterest in the Braves. Too me, a real purist loves the team he grew up with and no other, till death. Every other team is just a hurdle trying to stop my team from winning it all.

Turn Off Ads?