Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards close on Westbrook?

Cards close on Westbrook?

Saw this while checking updates. If its been posted here somewhere already I apologize. This is news to me....

Source: Cardinals close to getting Westbrook — 11:31 a.m.

The St. Louis Cardinals are close to landing starting pitcher Jake Westbrook in a trade with the Indians, sources said Saturday.

The teams are still trying to work out the money. Westbrook would get more than $2 million in bonuses if he is traded and still has $4 million remaining on his contract.

Westbrook is scheduled to start Saturday for Cleveland in a 1:07 ET game against Toronto.

Westbrook has been with the Indians since 2001. He is 6-7 this year with a 4.65 ERA.

— Ken Rosenthal

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards close on Westbrook?

done deal. 3 team trade. cards get westbrook, padres get ludwick, indians get prospects

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    done deal. 3 team trade. cards get westbrook, padres get ludwick, indians get prospects

wow...

Not sure this really makes the Cards much better. I guess is Suppan was so bad it helps, but Westbrook will get lit up a decent number of times.

ya not too worried. westbrook isnt anything special, and they gave up a decent bat in the process

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    ya not too worried. westbrook isnt anything special, and they gave up a decent bat in the process
    My "wow" was about them letting Ludwick go more than their getting Westbrook. I think this was a questionable move on the Cardinals part. Suppan hasn't been any better in St. Louis than he was in Milwaukee to be honest. I really thought Duncan could revive the guy but I guess not.

Jon Jay is the the Danny Dorn of the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't think this move will have much impact.

Quote Originally Posted by BringDownMugabe View Post
    Jon Jay is the the Danny Dorn of the St. Louis Cardinals. I don't think this move will have much impact.
    Jon Jay is nothing like Danny Dorn. Hes more like Heisey than anyone else on the Reds.

In my opinion this is a bad move for the Cards Im glad they are trading Ludwick he's killed the Reds! Westbrook isn't all that he's average to above average! The problem all season has been that they haven't hit and now they've traded their best bat at hitting with RISP and the third best hitter after Pujols and Holliday! Maybe now they'll have a streak of five scoreless games? it does no good of having lights out pitching when 7 of the 10 players on your team cant hit.

Wow they are idiots!
    Last edited by Jones1; 07-31-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Looks like a bad deal to me. (for the Cards)

On second thought, name one bad deal the Cardinals have done? I'm sure Westbrook is going to turn into Chuck Finley once he works with Dave Duncan.

Are avatars a perk?

The Cardinals made a good trade. They got a pretty decent pitcher that Dave Duncan can mold into something better. They also got rid of Ludwick, who was replaceable with Jon Jay being on the roster. Jon Jay ain't no Danny Dorn... .396 in 111 ML AB's?

Quote Originally Posted by couch_manager View Post
    The Cardinals made a good trade. They got a pretty decent pitcher that Dave Duncan can mold into something better. They also got rid of Ludwick, who was replaceable with Jon Jay being on the roster. Jon Jay ain't no Danny Dorn... .396 in 111 ML AB's?
    Huge amount of luck. something like 47% of the balls he hits find grass some how. Thats not goin to last unless he has a LD% of like 45

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Huge amount of luck. something like 47% of the balls he hits find grass some how. Thats not goin to last unless he has a LD% of like 45
    and his LD% is 16.1. He's hit .301 .367 .432 .799 in the minors. It's a lateral move, and that's only if Westbrook pitches well.

I like Dorn, but I really like Jay. I'm not saying Jay is going to be an All-Star or anything, but I've been impressed with what I've seen from him so far.

Like I said though. I like Dorn. It could be that I just haven't watched Dorn enough...

Turn Off Ads?