Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chan Ho Park/Jeremy Hermida DFA

Chan Ho Park/Jeremy Hermida DFA

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Red Sox Designate Jeremy Hermida For Assignment
    By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 5:11pm CST]
    5:11pm: WEEI.com's Alex Speier says the Red Sox will continue to explore deals for Hermida in August if he clears waivers, which Speier says is a near certainty (Twitter links). Hermida could end up back in Boston's farm system if they don't find any takers.

2:40pm: The Red Sox designated outfielder Jeremy Hermida for assignment, tweets NESN's Heidi Watney. The 26-year-old signed with the Sox as a free agent after being non-tendered by the Marlins, but hit just .203/.257/.348 in 171 plate appearances. He dealt with rib and forearm injuries from a collision with Adrian Beltre.

Yankees Designate Chan Ho Park For Assignment
    By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 3:37pm CST]
    The Yankees designated Chan Ho Park for assignment to make room for Kerry Wood, tweets MLB.com's Bryan Hoch.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chan Ho Park/Jeremy Hermida DFA

The Reds have a 40 Man roster spot available. Should the Reds claim one of these players? Do either of them have any options left or could they be put on 60 Day DL? Would they be an upgrade to what the REds have now?

No

Park has been absolutely awful for the Yanks. Wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pool.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Eight years after the fact, I'm still baffled that someone paid Chan Ho Park 65 million dollars to pitch.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Hermida I dont know if we have time to really let him work through his issues at this point. He would probably be better off signing somewhere like Baltimore, KC, Cleveland and get everyday abs without having the additional heat on from a pennant race and try to rebuild his value.

Just stay out of the Park (name pun intended). I have more faith in Harang returning to 07 form, Cordero returning to All Star caliber closer of last year, or Volquez returning to 08 form than Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I think Hermida is definitely worth a flyer, heck trade them Balentein for him. At least he gives us another LH with some pop who could supplant Nix.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Braves Request Outright Waivers For Chris Resop
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 2 at 5:19pm CST]
    The Braves requested outright waivers for Chris Resop, according to Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Outright waivers are not revocable, so the Braves won't be able to pull Resop back if a rival team claims him. If Resop clears waivers, the Braves will open up a 40-man roster spot and Resop will choose between a Triple A assignment or free agency. He is out of options, so the Braves can't send him to the minors without exposing him to other teams.

The Braves called Resop up on June 15th, partly because he had a clause in his contract that would have forced the club to make him available to its rivals if he wasn't in the majors by that date. He missed time with an oblique injury and only pitched two innings for Atlanta. Resop allowed five earned runs and walked three of the 14 batters he faced.

Is Chris Resop worth a waiver wire claim? Would he help the Bullpen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    ...At least he gives us another LH with some pop who could supplant Nix.
    Except Nix is probably more valuable off the bench. He can play all three outfield spots while Hermida has not even played well defensively as a corner outfielder this year. If Hermida had played acceptably well, he'd still be with the Red Sox considering all the injuries they've had in the outfield this year.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I think the days are mostly gone for the Reds to be shopping down the stretch for castoffs like these guys, at least for this season. None of these guys are better than what they have. Be thankful for that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I think the days are mostly gone for the Reds to be shopping down the stretch for castoffs like these guys, at least for this season. None of these guys are better than what they have. Be thankful for that fact.
    If he makes it through waivers, I would try to sign Hermida to a minor league contract looking more toward possible contributions next year. If he looks like he might have somethiing left when healthy, they can put him on the 40-man for the winter. Wouldn't count on him for 2010 though.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 08-02-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Jeremy Hermida is one of the biggest RedsZone legends of all-time. I wish the guy the best, but it's kind of nice to see struggle from someone who was practically deemed a lock to help the Reds had he been acquired.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Jeremy Hermida is one of the biggest RedsZone legends of all-time. I wish the guy the best, but it's kind of nice to see struggle from someone who was practically deemed a lock to help the Reds had he been acquired.
    Never has it been deemed a lock, hater! :
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Craig Wilson is the all-time king of that category.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Turn Off Ads?