Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
Results 451 to 465 of 465

Thread: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

  1. #451
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Taking two outta three from the Braves is no easy task. I Love It.

    Now they have to sweep the Pirates in Pittsburgh.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #452
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,068

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Like Cyclone, we must sweep the Pirates and take 2 of 3 against that team in the Windy City, but watch. Pirates will play over their heads this week. Hate both teams so much, that I'm gritting my teeth now,

  4. #453
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    Posts
    10,552

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Like Cyclone, we must sweep the Pirates and take 2 of 3 against that team in the Windy City, but watch. Pirates will play over their heads this week. Hate both teams so much, that I'm gritting my teeth now,
    Seriously, do you ever think the Reds will actually win a series?

  5. #454
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,068

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Outfield 0-10 today. Rest of the team 5-20. Thank goodness for the charity of the Atlanta defense. Pitching - 9 innings allowing 4 hit and one earned run. Excellent pitching despite the 7 walks.

  6. #455
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,068

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Seriously, do you ever think the Reds will actually win a series?
    Of course.
    Do you ever miss a chance to dig at me? Never.

  7. #456
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,602

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Cordero pitched really well today. No nibbling, went right after Diaz and amazingly avoided the walk, and even with the dribbler by Heyward, no one really hit the ball hard off him.

    Volquez is making progress. He had a little more command today, esp. on the fastball, but until he is able to consistently throw strikes, the opponent is going to try to wait him out and run up his pitch count. Other than the BP changeup to Gonzalez, no one centered all day.

    Bray is what he is. He will never be anymore than he is. Same pitcher now as before surgery, which is occasionally unhittable, but all too often is all over the place. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him past this season.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  8. #457
    The Big Dog mth123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,722

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Cordero pitched really well today. No nibbling, went right after Diaz and amazingly avoided the walk, and even with the dribbler by Heyward, no one really hit the ball hard off him.

    Volquez is making progress. He had a little more command today, esp. on the fastball, but until he is able to consistently throw strikes, the opponent is going to try to wait him out and run up his pitch count. Other than the BP changeup to Gonzalez, no one centered all day.

    Bray is what he is. He will never be anymore than he is. Same pitcher now as before surgery, which is occasionally unhittable, but all too often is all over the place. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him past this season.
    Agree with all that. Encouraged by EV and Cordero was better. Bray won't last long with all the guys coming from AAA. I'm guessing we may see Chapman before the Cards series.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

    Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

  9. #458
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    8,068

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Bray is what he is. He will never be anymore than he is. Same pitcher now as before surgery, which is occasionally unhittable, but all too often is all over the place. I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him past this season.
    I agree. Trouble is they will have him the roster because he is a left hander who can occasionally look brilliant. Besides, he'd be the last survivor of The Trade on the Reds, right?

    In the meantime Lopez is playing for the rival Cardinals, and Kearns is playing for the Yankees. Sometimes life isn't fair.

  10. #459
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Too bad the Reds aren't in contention anymore, or a win like today would have been huge.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  11. #460
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,849

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Why we must sweep the Bucs is beyond me. I'll take 2 of 3 no problem.

  12. #461
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Why we must sweep the Bucs is beyond me. I'll take 2 of 3 no problem.
    Yep. 2 of every 3 from here on out not only wins the division, it gets them home field advantage. It's baseball, you don't have to sweep until you have to win every game.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  13. #462
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    If you sweep teams like the Pirates you don't have to win every game against teams like the Cardinals.

  14. #463
    Reds Slacker '07 RedsMan3203's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,784

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Guy, the Reds just took 2 out of 3 from a really good team. They were 1 pitch away from sweeping this team....

    I'll take it...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

    Jockstocks Homepage

    Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

  15. #464
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,346

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Outfield 0-10 today. Rest of the team 5-20. Thank goodness for the charity of the Atlanta defense. Pitching - 9 innings allowing 4 hit and one earned run. Excellent pitching despite the 7 walks.
    The Reds have lost MANY games this season they "should" have won, so I'm more than happy to take a win in a game maybe they "shouldn't" have won .

  16. #465
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,815

    Re: 8/1/10 Braves@Reds

    Of course the Reds don't have to win all three games in Pittsburgh this week but it would sure make up for getting swept by the Pirates earlier this season.



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25