Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ballpark in Arlington

Ballpark in Arlington

I'm going to be in the Dallas area at the end of this month and thought about catching a Rangers game.. Has anyone ever been to this ballpark? Any specific place that I should sit or do while I'm there???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ballpark in Arlington

Don't lean over the rail to try and catch a foul ball.

I was there a couple of years after it opened. Parking is a good distance from the park, so ride a bus or taxi if you can. I sat behind 3rd base further up in the shade. In Texas, you need the shade. BTW, one of the most enjoyable parks I have ever visited, an absolute beautiful park. It's going to be hot even in the shade so be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    I was there a couple of years after it opened. Parking is a good distance from the park, so ride a bus or taxi if you can. I sat behind 3rd base further up in the shade. In Texas, you need the shade. BTW, one of the most enjoyable parks I have ever visited, an absolute beautiful park. It's going to be hot even in the shade so be prepared.
    wow awesome.. thanks for the info.. yeah i've never been to texas so i reallly don't know what I'm getting into with this heat thing.. should be interesting..

I plan on going when we play the Rangers in the World Series this October. Been there before, sat in right field, day game, still enjoyed it, but I'm used to the Texas heat. He's right about parking. I have my sister in law who lives in Mansfield(TX) drop me off when we go.
    Last edited by Hey Meat; 08-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.

I went to a game earlier this year.

It was very cool. It was one of the coolest baseball stadiums that I has ever visited.

They have parking right across the street from the stadium for I think $5 (I think it was that much--5 minute walk from stadium).
    Last edited by Texas Pete; 08-01-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

My dad was going down there for a conference the last few days, said he'd catch a game, I wish I could join him. Enjoy the game man.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Turn Off Ads?