Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rally towels at Cardinals game?

Rally towels at Cardinals game?

that they would be handing out rally towels at the game against the cardinals, whether they do it or not is remained to be seen but, said they wanted a playoff atmosphere there monday night of next week. all I got to say is this will be one of the biggest series of the year, this game will have playoff implications and it will be like a first round playoff game in the nfl, where you don't want to leave your tv set unless you have to use the restroom.

I am trying to get tickets right now for that whole series. btw GO REDS!!!!!!!! time for some fortune to go our way for once, cardinals have had it for a couple of years maybe more, it's time we get this NL Central and for somebody new to win it. back to work...have a great day guys!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I was told..

Excellent!

I certainly hope not

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I certainly hope not
    Why not?
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Re: Rally towels at Cardinals game?

Because the towels are annoying

A hostile playoff atmosphere would be good practice for the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    A hostile playoff atmosphere would be good practice for the Cardinals
    I think it would be good practice for us too! Get the young guys in the play-off atmosphere! Towels are annoying, but if we play the Cardinals at their place, they will have them, so our guys could get use to them!

Go REDS!!!!

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I'm not a fan of the towels, but they do serve their purpose - to get the crowd involved. If its a one time thing (be it game or series), that's cool, but I don't want to see those things be come commonplace at the stadium.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    I'm not a fan of the towels, but they do serve their purpose - to get the crowd involved. If its a one time thing (be it game or series), that's cool, but I don't want to see those things be come commonplace at the stadium.
    I love it, I've always pictured GABP in my head with rally towels or thundersticks in a playoff atmosphere. I don't find it annoying at all, I think the players feed off the atmosphere. Love the idea!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

When you watch Japanese baseball, and observe how each player gets a unique song made that's sung the entire at bat (even if you're down 10).. the rally towel seems like a joke. :

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I love it, I've always pictured GABP in my head with rally towels or thundersticks in a playoff atmosphere. I don't find it annoying at all, I think the players feed off the atmosphere. Love the idea!
    Don't forget the rally monkey!

The towels won't be nessesary....the Cards will not win more than 1 game, if that. But I like the idea of it. Get the fans in to it!

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Why not?
    Because we are not in Cleveland! (or Pittsburgh)

Maybe not as big a deal as in a football game, but I'd rather have the fans using their hands to clap and make noise rather than waving a towel. Seems to me a deafening stadium is more intimidating than the waving towels.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I want to have a "black out" or "paint the stadium red" night when they give out 40,000 black or red shirts. The red shirts won't hold as much water as black since were playing the cards. What do you think? This was VERY COOL at the UC football game.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Turn Off Ads?