Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yonder Alonso named International League Player of the Week for 7/26-8/1

Re: Yonder Alonso named International League Player of the Week for 7/26-8/1

Congratulations, Yonder!

But, so many told me that you didn't have any power.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Dunn must be horrifically slow then because Yonder is extremely slow. Unless he's turned into Juan Pierre since last season.
    I just checked the Baseball Cube site for their speed ratings. Dunn is a 40 and Yonder is a 30. lol

Somebody measured Dunn running downhill.

I don't believe that for a second.

Cisco is 41
    Valaika is 38
    Sutton is 50

Dunn always seemed to start off in mud but once he got up to speed he seemed to be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I tell you what if Vottos wrist is tweeked enough I wouldnt mind giving Yonder a quick peak.
    Now that is an idea I could get behind.

Dunn was "deceptively" fast.

He was stealing bases in his early years.

I think Dunn was more athletic (year for year) than Alonso will be. Most Left-Fielders during Dunn's time there were horrible defenders. Alonso's worse, but he'll probably be "capable". I'm thinking more Manny, then Dunn.

If Alonso could be "as good as" Dunn was during Dunn's first 6 years, then this wouldn't even be an issue. But, because Alonso's worse than Dunn, that's why there's even a conversation going on about it.

You guys don't know him hardly at all, but I see Alonso as being just slightly better than Jack Cust. No range. No instincts. No speed. But, if their bat is good enough, you can stick anyone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Congratulations, Yonder!

But, so many told me that you didn't have any power.

hey now, watch it pal.

Yonder is proving me wrong and I love it. I hope he proves me wrong all the way to the NL MVP award. Thats one crow I will not mind eating. But yes, count me in on the group that said Yonder was a lifer at AAAA.

Dunn was an average runner at one time. He's always had a strong arm, too. It's his instincts (and now age) that have always slowed him down. I'm just speculating, but I think that may have a tendency to happen when an organization doesn't put much emphasis on defense. I'm so glad those days are over.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I just checked the Baseball Cube site for their speed ratings. Dunn is a 40 and Yonder is a 30. lol

Cisco is 41
    Valaika is 38
    Sutton is 50

Yea Yonder has horrible speed. Once he got hurt and came back in August, he worse. It painful to watch.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post

Cisco is 41
    Valaika is 38
    Sutton is 50
    The Baseball Cube's "scouting reports" are numbers based and have nothing to do with actual scouting.

Dunns arm might be strong but it was as accurate as me throwing a water balloon.

what about Votto to LF, he has the speed to do it, he would be the starting LF in the all star game for the next 10 years in LF

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    what about Votto to LF, he has the speed to do it, he would be the starting LF in the all star game for the next 10 years in LF
    I wouldn't do it if Alonsos defense is as bad as what people say.
    Last edited by CTA513; 08-02-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post

I'm with you, but it's not a suggestion that's going to get anywhere on RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'm with you, but it's not a suggestion that's going to get anywhere on RZ.
    Probably because the Reds are looking for a good defensive infield.

I think a lot of people arent responsive to it because of how improbable it is for the Reds to do it.

Turn Off Ads?