Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Im the reds and these guys come to me in waivers I put a claim on them

If Im the reds and these guys come to me in waivers I put a claim on them

1) Im not sure how his contract works and who would have to pay the deffered money but if Manny Ramirez makes it to the Reds hes getting a claim put out. He would be the Reds 2nd or 3rd best hitter.

2) Grady Sizemore. Guy is injured for this year but going on to next season hes due only $7.5 and then an $8.5 player option. He was a 1.9 WAR player in 09 and a 7.1 WAR player in 08. Hes been beat up by injuries and if he didnt cut it in CF you could easily move him to LF and not worry about it. It would be a risk but I'd take it.

You guys got anyone?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: If Im the reds and these guys come to me in waivers I put a claim on them

Manny Ramirez lf
    2 years/$45M (2009-10)

re-signed by LA Dodgers as free agent 3/4/09
    09:$25M, 10:$20M (voidable)

Ramirez must decide whether to opt out of final year of deal before fifth day after 2009 World Series or Nov. 10, whichever is later

$30M deferred without interest:

for 2009, Ramirez receives $10M in 2009 and $15M in 3 installments of $5M paid each June 30, 2010 to 2012
    if Ramirez does not opt out, he receives $5M in 2010 and $15M in 3 installments of $3,333,333 each on June 30, 2011 and 2012, and $8,333,333 on June 30, 2013
    Manny has an odd contract. He has 20 million (at least) left in deferred payments. Would the Reds (or any other team that picked him up on waivers) be responsible for that? If yes, you would have to pass. If not, then sure.

Edgar Renteria.

No thanks to Manny. Don't need a cancer on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Manny has an odd contract. He has 20 million (at least) left in deferred payments. Would the Reds (or any other team that picked him up on waivers) be responsible for that? If yes, you would have to pass. If not, then sure.
    Yea if the deffered payments some how would come to the Reds also Id pass for sure. All depends on how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Edgar Renteria.
    What is the Giants situation at shortstop? Is Renteria not their everyday guy? I saw him get a big hit last night is the reason I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    What is the Giants situation at shortstop? Is Renteria not their everyday guy? I saw him get a big hit last night is the reason I ask.
    I would have to look but I thought Juan Uribe was their shortstop. Unless he just got hurt. It looks as if Renteria is playing more short lately and Uribe moving around.
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-02-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    1) Im not sure how his contract works and who would have to pay the deffered money but if Manny Ramirez makes it to the Reds hes getting a claim put out. He would be the Reds 2nd or 3rd best hitter.

2) Grady Sizemore. Guy is injured for this year but going on to next season hes due only $7.5 and then an $8.5 player option. He was a 1.9 WAR player in 09 and a 7.1 WAR player in 08. Hes been beat up by injuries and if he didnt cut it in CF you could easily move him to LF and not worry about it. It would be a risk but I'd take it.

You guys got anyone?
    i wouldn't touch either one EVEN if you paid me to take them.:thumbdown

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by knoonan991 View Post
    No thanks to Manny. Don't need a cancer on this team.
    We don't need him. Bat or no bat, he isn't worth picking up.

Why shouldnt the Reds try to claim Manny?

Because Jonny Gomes won over everybody's hearts in May and people can't get over that.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Because Jonny Gomes won over everybody's hearts in May and people can't get over that.
    Yea Id hate to get Gomes May for the rest of the season also

Schnickelfritz

Because the Reds have people they can use in the outfield already.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    The Cincinatti Reds outfield is by far the biggest weakness on the team. We aren't getting any offense or defense out of left field, so what is wrong with getting a little offense from Manny?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Only 1 of them are as productive as Manny Ramirez is though. He would be a huge upgrade in LF.

Turn Off Ads?