Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 8-2-10 Reds @ Bucs

Votto

I mean does he need a day off? He has to be injured. He had a day off a few days ago, and again when Ramon came off the DL. If hes not injured then Dusty is trying to hard.

I mean Orlando Cabrera has started 3 more games than Votto has this year and hes 10 years older.

Zero ability to make a lineup card

Okay so we are giving Votto a night, why not, no problem with that, and playing Cairo at first, why not. But in gods sake, can our manager not make out a linuep card? I mean really just because Cairo is playing in Votto's spot, that doesn't mean according to baseball rules that he has to bat in the same spot? Also, if Votto needs a rest, why doesn't Orlando need one? What about giving Gomes a night off and get Heisey a game or two? 12 games up is great, a good manager and we are in the TB/SD/NYY range for results...

Votto has "tweaked" his wrist apparently. I figured it had to be an injury.

if your gonna take votto (by far your best offensive weapon) out of the lineup wouldnt you at least want your best defence out thier. I think with no votto, stubbs should be in for Gomes and Janish for Ocab. my 2 cents.

I would certainly be looking to give Gomes his fair share of off days until he shows that hes not a .700 OPS bat with bad defense.

You whine about OCab every single thread, give it a rest. He's a major reason the Reds are playing so well after the break, who cares what he did in June.

I don't see a problem with Cairo in the 3 hole. Why move everyone around, keep them in their normal role. Cairo has done more than enough to prove he can bat 3rd for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    You whine about OCab every single thread, give it a rest. He's a major reason the Reds are playing so well after the break, who cares what he did in June.

I don't see a problem with Cairo in the 3 hole. Why move everyone around, keep them in their normal role. Cairo has done more than enough to prove he can bat 3rd for a game.
    Yea we should just ignore that his OPS pre all star break was .612

Thankfully for this hot streak hes worked it all the way up to .643

Excuse me while I jump for joy.
    Last edited by GIDP; 08-02-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Everybody get ready for Yonder Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post

i have no problem with ciaro in thier, i just think this has a chance of being a low scoring game and i would want my best D in thier. Im just a D guy and with a young pitcher like wood i want to give him every opportunity to be succesfull. you either do that with a strong O which we dont have without votto, or the best D you can put out thier.

Re: Zero ability to make a lineup card

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Okay so we are giving Votto a night, why not, no problem with that, and playing Cairo at first, why not. But in gods sake, can our manager not make out a linuep card? I mean really just because Cairo is playing in Votto's spot, that doesn't mean according to baseball rules that he has to bat in the same spot? Also, if Votto needs a rest, why doesn't Orlando need one? What about giving Gomes a night off and get Heisey a game or two? 12 games up is great, a good manager and we are in the TB/SD/NYY range for results...
    If you are referring to tonight's line-up. Votto is hurt (wrist) and Heisey is playing center for Stubbs. What's the problem? Who do you bat third - with what they have in the line-up?

I'm glad you complained. Because the last two complaints about the line-up produced big wins for the Reds.

I continue to be amazed at all the ways that people can complain about this team - I'm glad their not 12 games under - some of you may commit suicide.

Dusty is a guy who believes in "lineup chemistry" and he doesn't want to disrupt the flow, so he puts Cairo in Votto's spot. I don't think it matters if Cairo is batting 2nd,3rd or even 7th. The lineup seems pretty OK to me.

Given today's lineup I go with:

Phillips - 2nd
    Hanigan - Catcher
    Rolen - 3rd
    Gomes - LF
    Cairo - 1st
    Bruce - RF
    Heisey - CF
    Orlando - SS
    Wood - Pitching.

Cairo's batting 3rd because of the I'm sorry Cairo thread. Dusty felt bad for him too.

Seriously, the thinking must be that with Votto out, he needs Gomes' power in the lineup more than Stubbs defense.

Turn Off Ads?