Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-2-10 Reds @ Bucs

Re: 8-2-10 Reds @ Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Cairo's batting 3rd because of the I'm sorry Cairo thread. Dusty felt bad for him too.

Seriously, the thinking must be that with Votto out, he needs Gomes' power in the lineup more than Stubbs defense.
    Funny thing is stubbs had a higher slugging last month than Gomes did.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zero ability to make a lineup card

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Given today's lineup I go with:

Phillips - 2nd
    Hanigan - Catcher
    Rolen - 3rd
    Gomes - LF
    Cairo - 1st
    Bruce - RF
    Heisey - CF
    Orlando - SS
    Wood - Pitching.
    Fine. Much ado about nothing, again. The order really only matters once. After that, the player is expected to execute whenever he comes to plate, whether he's 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Fine. Much ado about nothing, again. The order really only matters once. After that, the player is expected to execute whenever he comes to plate, whether he's 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc.
    Exactly. Lineup construction is about as important as whose locker is next to each in the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Funny thing is stubbs had a higher slugging last month than Gomes did.
    Because of 1 more homerun. He hit them all in 2 games so it's misleading. He wasn't much better than Gomes at the plate if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Exactly. Lineup construction is about as important as whose locker is next to each in the clubhouse.
    I simply dont believe that. I understand some people do but to say that is that unimportant just rubs me the wrong way.

From Fay:

Joey Votto tweaked his wrist swinging at a pitch yesterday.

ďI donít think itís serious. Hopefully, Iíll be back in soon,Ē he said.
    I don't like the sound of that. Wrist are kinda important to hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Because of 1 more homerun. He hit them all in 2 games so it's misleading. He wasn't much better than Gomes at the plate if at all.
    They were comparable last month. I dont really care to get into the debate I was just pointing it out because I thought it was kinda surprising.

From Fay:

I don't like the sound of that. Wrist are kinda important to hitters.
    nerves engaged
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    So you dont believe in putting guys with high OB% in front of guys that hit well with RISP? Or putting guys that make contact and are good situational hitters behind guys that get on base? Im not tryin to call you guys out or anything just curious your opinion on why you think its so unimportant. Im not sayin lineups are the end all be all, but i do think they do have some stratigical (sp?) importance.
    Last edited by 1990REDS; 08-02-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    So you dont believe in putting guys with high OB% in front of guys that hit well with RISP? Or putting guys that make contact and are good situational hitters behind guys that get on base? Im not tryin to call ya out or anything just curious your opinion on why you think its so unimportant. Im not sayin lineups are the end all be all, but i do think they do have some stratigical (sp?) importance.
    They do have some, and your points are good examples of them. But over the course of a year, the difference between Dusty's lineup, and the one's proposed on this site, is around 3-4 runs, if that. And that is if the same lineup is used everyday. Since the lineup changes on a day to day basis, due to injuries, days off, match ups and such, luck has more to due with how successful a lineup is than anything else.

Since the lineup changes on a day to day basis, due to injuries, days off, match ups and such, luck has more to due with how successful a lineup is than anything else.
    Your kidding right?:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Your kidding right?:thumbdown
    A certain lineup is used maybe 10-20 times in a given season. That is not enough times for things to average out. Even if a lineup is used 50 times, that is not enough times for things to average out.

The opposing pitcher, the ballpark, the weather, certain hot and cold streaks of players and other luck factors of when each lineup is used will have more of an impact on the effectiveness of a certain lineup than the actual lineup construction.

A certain lineup is used maybe 10-20 times in a given season. That is not enough times for things to average out. Even if a lineup is used 50 times, that is not enough times for things to average out.

The opposing pitcher, the ballpark, the weather, certain hot and cold streaks of players and other luck factors of when each lineup is used will have more of an impact on the effectiveness of a certain lineup than the actual lineup construction.
    I am willing to bet that totally, Dusty has used maybe 5-6 different lineup cards throughout this entire season. The lineup card is key and if not why not just bat them in order of thier position

Wood
    hanigan'
    Cairo
    Phillips
    Rolen
    Orlando
    Gomes
    heisey
    Bruce

I got a feeling Keels will be on this trip
    Cincinnati Reds