Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitching for Cards series...

Pitching for Cards series...

From a Jamie Ramsey tweet:

Bring it RT @ECPjohnmartin: Card rotation being tweaked to allow Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia to pitch series at Cincinnati

I wonder if the Reds will do the same?
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://www.project-43.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pitching for Cards series...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockermann View Post
    From a Jamie Ramsey tweet:

Bring it RT @ECPjohnmartin: Card rotation being tweaked to allow Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia to pitch series at Cincinnati

I wonder if the Reds will do the same?
    Are they gonna tweak it so they find replacements for their entire bullpen?

I don't see Dusty doing anything, A) Because he woulnd't know how, and B) he doesn't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Are they gonna tweak it so they find replacements for their entire bullpen?
    Doubt it. But, let's hope there's no complete game shutouts in the cards (pardon the pun).

If we do counter, who would we rack up to go against those three?
    Steve
    Project-43
    http://www.project-43.com

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Who do we throw against them if we "tweak" the rotation? I'm going with Cueto, Bronson, Leake. And those are my playoff starters as well.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Leake isn't going to be doing anything in the playoffs. His innings are already too high and he's been getting hit harder and harder his last few times out.

I don't know what our rotation will be, but I hope by "tweaking" his rotation, he screws himself out of some wins against Florida.

I would be at a loss to tell you which three among Leake, Wood, Arroyo and Cueto would be preferable against the Cards. And to be honest, part of me thinks that Edson is this close to being dominant again.

My gut says stick with the rotation as it would normally fall, and let the Cards be the ones to adjust to us.

I honestly dont care. This reds team could light up the cardinals and blow the next 3 just as easily as the Cardinals could sweep then lose their next 3.

Since it's only a 3 game series, unless 1 team sweeps, no real gain is made if Team X wins 2 out of 3. I don't rock the boat at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Since it's only a 3 game series, unless 1 team sweeps, no real gain is made if Team X wins 2 out of 3. I don't rock the boat at this point.
    Agreed.

at this pace it would be Leake, Cueto and Arroyo for the three game set against the cards

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

If I remember correctly the Cards tweaked it weeks ago to assure Carpenter would pitch the opener of the series, so I don't know why it still need to be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Leake isn't going to be doing anything in the playoffs. His innings are already too high and he's been getting hit harder and harder his last few times out.

I don't know what our rotation will be, but I hope by "tweaking" his rotation, he screws himself out of some wins against Florida.
    This.

Honestly, it's just kind of nice that he sees the Reds as that much of a threat that he's doing a playoff style setting of his rotation for an early August series.

I also don't think we should mess with ours. Number 1, I don't know if we have an obvious top 3 like that. And that's both a good thing and not so good thing. I don't think we have that obvious top of the rotation guy like a Carpenter or Wainwright who's established himself as giving you that type of consistency start after start basically where you can expect 7-8 innings and a minimal amount of runs. Arroyo probably comes the closest but he can throw some clunkers too.

But what we do have are 5 guys capable of more often than not keeping us in striking distance every time they take the hill. Volquez is obviously still trying to work out some kinks, but hopefully he can build off the "success" of his start Sunday.

You almost never go into a Reds game fearful these days that the opponent is going to have 6 runs piled up against you by the third or fourth inning. Obviously, it's capable of happening, but it isn't as likely as it used to be. So I say just let the rotation ride and hope the bats can do enough.

I would like to see Cueto, Arroyo, and Wood.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

at this point i'd wanna see Wood start game 1 against Carpenter.. he's the hot hand right now

Turn Off Ads?