Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn placed on waivers today.

Adam Dunn placed on waivers today.

From mlbtraderumors.com

Adam Dunn Placed On Waivers
    By Tim Dierkes [August 3 at 2:07pm CST]
    Nationals slugger Adam Dunn was placed on waivers today, according to ESPN's Buster Olney. This was an entirely expected and standard move by Washington, as hundreds of players will hit the waiver wire this month. Teams have 48 hours to make a claim on Dunn. Once word of the winning claim comes in, things may get interesting, but there's a good chance the Nationals pull him back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn placed on waivers today.

He would probably be the easiest player to block in a trade. the Dbacks could put in a claim blocking every other team in baseball from getting him and have no fear that they would end up having to take his salary.

I really really doubt he gets far in the waivers.

I hope we get him. How much worse defensively would he be than Gomes in LF?

Jersey Guy

Its funny because we had a hard time giving him away. Now according to reports everyone is interested in him. Same thing with Gonzalez. Its funny how much things change in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace's Daddy View Post
    I hope we get him. How much worse defensively would he be than Gomes in LF?
    I would quit on this team if they get Dunn again.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I would quit on this team if they get Dunn again.
    Why? He hits, he comes to play every day and is a good guy, what is not to like about having his bat in the lineup. with that said, Walt would never bring him back...:thumbdown

When the Reds put Dunn on waivers in 2008 he eventually got traded to Arizona. They obviously won the waiver battle then and they were in 1st place out West at the time.
    So it is possible he could fall to the Reds. Now wouldn't this be ironic if, by virtue of the Reds sneaking 1/2 game ahead of the Cardinals last night, that St. Louis claimed him and worked out a trade with Washington? And then Adam Dunn led them to the division title over the Reds.

If I have to say it in every thread, the answer to this team being successful is already in the organization. They just have to make the right moves going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by addictionsport View Post
    Its funny because we had a hard time giving him away. Now according to reports everyone is interested in him. Same thing with Gonzalez. Its funny how much things change in a year or so.
    If there was that much interest they would have moved him before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    If I have to say it in every thread, the answer to this team being successful is already in the organization. They just have to make the right moves going forward.
    I hope you are not referring to AAAA Dickerson

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Why? He hits, he comes to play every day and is a good guy, what is not to like about having his bat in the lineup. with that said, Walt would never bring him back...:thumbdown
    WHY????

Our biggest offensive problem is OFs who strike out WAYYYY too much, and in critical situations -- directly leading to our second offensive problem of not getting runners in from third with less than 2 out via small ball. How in the world would Adam Dunn address these problems?

(Our biggest defensive problem? Two words: Francisco Cordero).

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    If there was that much interest they would have moved him before the deadline.
    not true, there may have been interest and the Nats wanted to much.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    WHY????

Our biggest offensive problem is OFs who strike out WAYYYY too much, and in critical situations -- directly leading to our second offensive problem of not getting runners in from third with less than 2 out via small ball. How in the world would Adam Dunn address these problems?

(Our biggest defensive problem? Two words: Francisco Cordero).
    yea he strikes out, but he also hits 40+ homeruns and can drive in over 100, how many Reds do we have that can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    I hope you are not referring to AAAA Dickerson
    Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    yea he strikes out, but he also hits 40+ homeruns and can drive in over 100, how many Reds do we have that can do that?
    We will see how many teams are lined up to get him in the off-season, he had to sign for less with the Nationals. Dunn is a good player but he is not the guy for us.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Turn Off Ads?