Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB.TV Blackout question

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

MLB.TV Blackout question

today is a Radio only day, but I have MLB.tv premium. When I try it on the Reds it says that I am in blackout land, but what if it not on TV? will I be able to watch the game with it?
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB.TV Blackout question

Those of us in Cincinnati will still be blacked out as FSN owns the rights. Even though they chose not to exercise said broadcast rights the blackout is still in effect.

I got of work early today, so I went to lunch at a place I could catch the game on TV, only to find out it was a radio-only day...sigh.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

The blackout rules are ignorant and stupid...so, MLB, what your telling me is--my only option---EVEN IF I SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR STUPID SERVICE--to see today's game is to get into a car and drive to Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    The blackout rules are ignorant and stupid...so, MLB, what your telling me is--my only option---EVEN IF I SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR STUPID SERVICE--to see today's game is to get into a car and drive to Pittsburgh?
    I agree... I hate the blackout rules. They don't make much sense. How many games do you guys have a year that are radio only?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life View Post
    I agree... I hate the blackout rules. They don't make much sense. How many games do you guys have a year that are radio only?
    17, not including the Fox Saturday afternoon games.

As per the mlb.tv agreement, if you want to see it really badly, it's blacked out.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Basically every weekday afternoon get away day type games

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Works out fine for those of us who live 1,000 miles away. You want to begrudge us distant fans the only advantage we have?
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    Basically every weekday afternoon get away day type games
    Ohhh... I didn't even realize they still had blackout games. I thought the Fox Sports contract did away with them. Anyways... they should do away with them completely. Blackout rules for baseball just don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Works out fine for those of us who live 1,000 miles away. You want to begrudge us distant fans the only advantage we have?
    Hey bro...what do you have? MLB Extra Innings? Can you get all the games? I had EI a couple of years ago when I lived in Ohio, but I didn't get all of the Cardinals games. I get more now that I moved back to MO. Different teams must have different blackout rules.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Hey bro...what do you have? MLB Extra Innings? Can you get all the games? I had EI a couple of years ago when I lived in Ohio, but I didn't get all of the Cardinals games. I get more now that I moved back to MO. Different teams must have different blackout rules.
    MLB.TV on a Roku box.

I get all of the Reds games that don't conflict with Fox's national games (Saturday afternoon) and don't involve the Astros or Rangers. That's most of them.
    /r/reds

MLB.TV on a Roku box.

I get all of the Reds games that don't conflict with Fox's national games (Saturday afternoon) and don't involve the Astros or Rangers. That's most of them.
    When I had Extra Innings, we didn't get any Sunday Cardinals games at all. Fox doesn't have rights to Sunday games in St. Louis. If you pay that much for it... you should get every game. I just find it intersting how each team handles the televised games differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    17, not including the Fox Saturday afternoon games.
    I think it's still just 17. FSO added the weekday game at Milwaukee last week after Fox announced that they had picked up the Reds-Braves game last Saturday. The advertising was already sold, so they could add a game as a replacement to the schedule.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

This. :

Turn Off Ads?