Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who deserves our man-hate?

Who deserves our man-hate?

Lots of Reds get ripped on this board: Dusty, Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Cordero, Cabrera. Those 6 for sure. Maybe people are ripping some that I missed.

Anyway, let's leave Dusty out of it. From the players, who actually deserves ripping? This may be purely personal, but to me the people I would actually like to see leave the Reds are:

1. Cordero
    2. Bruce

And that's it. I think these 2 positions could afford significant upgrades.

I think Stubbs & Cabrera, sure they're not the best players, but they get a lot more flak than I expected. Stubbs just needs to approach hitting differently. Maybe I'm biased because I was at the Cubs game he hit 3 HRs.

Gomes....I like the guy. He does NOT get cheated. He doesn't wave weakly at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. He swings HARD at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. lol. Anyway, I think he plays hard and to the best of his abilities and that's all anyone can ask.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who deserves our man-hate?

Harang and Cordero....that's it everyone else I keep.

None of them. I think people need to realize how good or bad a player actually is before they speak though.

Good googly moogly, we are in first place and some people still have to search the world over to find something to whine and moan about. Makes me wonder how miserable they are in their own personal lives that they cant take time to enjoy something good going on without having to try and tear it down.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Harang and Cordero....that's it everyone else I keep.
    I forgot about Harang. He hasn't pitched since I joined this board. I don't even consider him a Red right now.....probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Good googly moogly, we are in first place and some people still have to search the world over to find something to whine and moan about. Makes me wonder how miserable they are in their own personal lives that they cant take time to enjoy something good going on without having to try and tear it down.
    Actually my intent was just the opposite, I see so much *****ing and moaning on here that I wanted to pare it down just to those who deserve it.....only two players that I can see. So I was actually trying to spread sweetness and light with this thread.

I don't have an issue with any player. They are all giving it their best. Players can only perform well if put into the right position. Co-Co while struggling should not be closing there are other options. Stubbs should be working with the coaches on bunting and such and Bruce needs to have a day off from time to time and work more with the coaches. Players are going to have hot streaks and slumps, it's up to the manager to recognize it and adjust.

After reading post after post of blame him, fire him, release him, this guy stinks...I might have overreacted, but think it is the time of year where for once we can enjoy watching this team compete for once and shoud lenjoy it, seems a lot of our fans are forgetting this is fun.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

yes this team is in first place, so what. The question needs to be;

Is this team performing to the maximum of thier talent. Is the talent on level to what their record is, or while being in first place, this team has the talent to be better?

After reading post after post of blame him, fire him, release him, this guy stinks...I might have overreacted, but think it is the time of year where for once we can enjoy watching this team compete for once and shoud lenjoy it, seems a lot of our fans are forgetting this is fun.
    I guess I would respectfully disagree. I don't enjoy watching a talented team not play to it's ability. I don't find it fun watching us lose games we have the talent to win. I find neither of these things acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Lots of Reds get ripped on this board: Dusty, Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Cordero, Cabrera. Those 6 for sure. Maybe people are ripping some that I missed.

Anyway, let's leave Dusty out of it. From the players, who actually deserves ripping? This may be purely personal, but to me the people I would actually like to see leave the Reds are:

1. Cordero
    2. Bruce

And that's it. I think these 2 positions could afford significant upgrades.

I think Stubbs & Cabrera, sure they're not the best players, but they get a lot more flak than I expected. Stubbs just needs to approach hitting differently. Maybe I'm biased because I was at the Cubs game he hit 3 HRs.

Gomes....I like the guy. He does NOT get cheated. He doesn't wave weakly at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. He swings HARD at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. lol. Anyway, I think he plays hard and to the best of his abilities and that's all anyone can ask.
    You are on serious CRACK if you talk about Bruce like that... Dude is young and only going to get better... .300-30-100 BETTER...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I don't have an issue with any player. They are all giving it their best. Players can only perform well if put into the right position. Co-Co while struggling should not be closing there are other options. Stubbs should be working with the coaches on bunting and such and Bruce needs to have a day off from time to time and work more with the coaches. Players are going to have hot streaks and slumps, it's up to the manager to recognize it and adjust.
    this is how i feel. im not too worried about it all - BUT id like to see masset closing and id like to see heisey/stubbs/bruce split abs more evenly for the next 2-3 weeks and see who steps up

Just Dusty.

He's the Manager.

It's his job to take the beating by the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    You are on serious CRACK if you talk about Bruce like that... Dude is young and only going to get better... .300-30-100 BETTER...
    You're not fooling anyone, Jay....I guess you had time to post since you didn't start today.

Last night:

4th: men on 1st and 2nd, 1 out, 0-6, ground out FC to first
    6th: men on 1st and 2nd, 1 out, 1-7, ground out FC to pitcher
    8th: lead off, 4-7, K
    9th: man on 1st, 1 out, 6-7, K

Today:

Another day, another K

You're going to have to get on your horse if you're going to be a .300/30/100 guy.

Turn Off Ads?