Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who deserves our man-hate?

Re: Who deserves our man-hate?

You are crazy if you think the best option is just to give up and get rid of Jay Bruce. The guy is 23 and has incredible promise. Sure he has struggled this year, and hasn't lived up to expectations, but you don't give up on him at this young of an age.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jay Bruce has Austin Kearns written all over him.

Jay Bruce is going to be fine. They need to stop coaching him and let him hit any old way he wants to. Some people you can tinker with their swing; others you just leave alone and watch them hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    Jay Bruce has Austin Kearns written all over him.
    Kearns never had close to the talent Jay Bruce has.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Just Dusty.

He's the Manager.

It's his job to take the beating by the fans.
    And Dusty wants it that way, he will never throw a guy under the bus I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Lots of Reds get ripped on this board: Dusty, Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Cordero, Cabrera. Those 6 for sure. Maybe people are ripping some that I missed.

Anyway, let's leave Dusty out of it. From the players, who actually deserves ripping? This may be purely personal, but to me the people I would actually like to see leave the Reds are:

1. Cordero
    2. Bruce

And that's it. I think these 2 positions could afford significant upgrades.

I think Stubbs & Cabrera, sure they're not the best players, but they get a lot more flak than I expected. Stubbs just needs to approach hitting differently. Maybe I'm biased because I was at the Cubs game he hit 3 HRs.

Gomes....I like the guy. He does NOT get cheated. He doesn't wave weakly at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. He swings HARD at balls in the dirt or a foot outside. lol. Anyway, I think he plays hard and to the best of his abilities and that's all anyone can ask.

Nobody deserves our hatred. They are all Cincinnati Reds and playing as hard as they can to win games. This is probably the only Reds team in which I have not doubted the desire to succeed in win of at least one of the team's players.

We should be talking about what Jay Bruce needs to do to pull out of this funk and help our team win, and how much better we will be when he pulls out of it. Instead of talking about sending Jay Bruce to AAA or out of the Reds Organization completely.

All guys have contributed in positive ways from Janish to Cordero to OCab to Bruce to Votto and Rolen. We should appreciate that and appreciate the fact that all of these guys have gelled together to have us sitting in 1st Place. Just say it aloud to yourself, "WE ARE IN 1st PLACE AND THE CARDINALS ARE NERVOUS". It feels o so good.

Cordero, quite frankly. Everyone else, even if they're playing horrible, isn't getting paid $12 million to pitch all of ONE inning and hold a lead of 1-3 runs, or keep the game tied in certain situations.

He's far and away the most overpaid player in baseball for the position he plays and the performance he brings to the table, and is the ultimate Reds organization example of why you do NOT overreact to a deficit on the team - especially bullpen guys - because it's the most volatile position in baseball. Look at how much our pen has improved since earlier this year. I would have liked to add an arm, but if the market wasn't there, we weren't going to spend it on a freaking middle reliever pipe dream, like the Jays wanted for Downs.

It amazes me how horrible Cordero is this year. He puts himself in a bad position almost every at bat by not being able to throw strikes and constantly makes the situation worse. I'm going to celebrate when he's finally off the team and his salary off the books. The worst money signing in Reds history I would say - yes even worse than Eric Milton.

Man Hate? Oh good, I'm out of this one! snicker chuckle!

I don't hate anyone on our team, I save that for the almighty Puhols. I'm *disappointed* in a couple, but I can't hate them. I think Jay needs to sit for a few days or a week to get his head screwed on straighter. Spend the game time on watching film after film after film of good hitters vs. his rather sad attempts here lately.

Who is your owner? If he's been there for awhile, I would nominate him. I'm 25 years old and the Reds have never been good for as long as I can remember. I'm honestly not trying to troll with that statement, it's just the truth. When you have sustained success or sustained losing over decades then it starts at the top.

I can't imagine what Pirates fans think, is it 17 or 18 straight losing seasons now?

I know both the Reds and Pirates had some dynasty type teams in the past, but they are a long way from that now. Although the Reds do seem to be coming out of that shadow. I hope we can get another rival in the central. It will always be Cards/Cubs, but the Cards/Astros rivalry in the middle of the 00's was great, we met in two NLCS's. I hope the Reds and Cardinals can do that, it makes regular season games so much more fun. Even though the Astros are awful there's still some excitement when playing against them.

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    yes this team is in first place, so what. The question needs to be;

Is this team performing to the maximum of thier talent. Is the talent on level to what their record is, or while being in first place, this team has the talent to be better?
    Nobody deserves our hate. This is a game and you win some and lose some.

The Reds are talented this year, and look to be talented for some time to come, but talented teams lose all the time. This team has performed actually above their actual talent level. If you looked at the Reds in April and gave them a rating on their overall talent, I think you would have had a very high "potential" talent score but a medium actual talent score. This team has turned some to that potential into proven ability and have produced better than expected.

The manager you rip in your sleep will get consideration for Manager of the Year in the NL. He has taken a team with potential and made them legit contenders at least one season sooner than most thought possible.

This team is overachieving and they deserve our appreciation - especially the manager you despise so very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Larkin View Post
    Nobody deserves our hate. This is a game and you win some and lose some.

The Reds are talented this year, and look to be talented for some time to come, but talented teams lose all the time. This team has performed actually above their actual talent level. If you looked at the Reds in April and gave them a rating on their overall talent, I think you would have had a very high "potential" talent score but a medium actual talent score. This team has turned some to that potential into proven ability and have produced better than expected.

The manager you rip in your sleep will get consideration for Manager of the Year in the NL. He has taken a team with potential and made them legit contenders at least one season sooner than most thought possible.

This team is overachieving and they deserve our appreciation - especially the manager you despise so very much.
    I know your going to get blasted, shown stats, questioned about your knowledge of the game, etc but I 100% agree with you! Dusty is most def going to get some votes for M.o.t. Y, and if we make the playoffs, you can almost go ahead and engrave his name...and deservedly so!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Cordero deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Harang and Cordero....that's it everyone else I keep.
    This is why.......12 million dollars worth of poo

Turn Off Ads?