Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You know it's hot when

Retired

You know it's hot when

You get to work at 6:30am, like I did today, and it's already 80 degrees.

I think I'm ready for fall, this 90+ stuff sucks. :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: You know it's hot when

Dude. Soak it in. Enjoy it while it lasts, cause it ain't that long around here.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Retired

It's been around 90 for a quite a while now.

It's been around 90 for a quite a while now.
    I know, but it's usually not this hot for this long here. This has been slightly unusual. And I LOVE it.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I'll take it every day over 20 degrees and snow. You don't have to shovel heat.

I was in Vegas last week. It was 104 degrees....at 11:00pm. The following day, it rained. Even the rain was hot.

I'm fine with 90s, but not with dew points above the mid 70s.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

......your sweat sweats. It's stupid hot. I don't like it. I lived in Orlando for 6 years and dealt with this every day. It wears you out. Fortunately, it'll be over in a month or so and we'll have a nice Fall.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I'm fine with 90s, but not with dew points above the mid 70s.
    The high humidity does get annoying.

Today, the temperature on the thermometer in my car was actually 15 degrees lower than it was yesterday.

It read 92.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I hate winter and love summer, but I've gotta admit this is starting to get to me. The forecast for this part of Kentucky was 101 today, but I don't know if it reached it or not. The house HVAC has had a hard time keeping up, with temps pushing 80 inside while the thermostat has been set at 74. Besides that, the AC in my SUV has gone out, meaning we have been running with the windows down, blowing 90+ degree air in. Got if fixed today, thankfully.

All that being said, I'll take this over waking up to freezing rain or blowing snow, but an 80 degree day would be nice right about now.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I would much rather say "its too hot" than "its too cold". Even if its too hot I can play golf or do something out side. If its too cold normally I just stay inside.

I can't wait for the cool weather to return. I have a medical condition that causes me to be extremely sensitive to heat. I start getting dizzy, my vision goes blurry, I slur my speech etc. When the temps get in the 80s I start noticing, when they get higher I get laid out; it really is unpleasant. This is the worst year I've had but that is likely due to me being another year older. I have no such problems with the cold so I welcome spring, fall and winter.

We picked yesterday as the day to get new windows in the house. My wife said the inside thermostat got up to 92.

I, of course, was in air conditioned comfort at work and wasn't bothered in the slightest.

The end of July-beginning of August is the counterpart to the middle of January. Its the extreme temperature time of the season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

You know it's hot when you go to an annual summer party at a friend's beach house and everyone stays inside.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

We are having a mild summer here, only in the 90's/100's a couple of times, high 50's in the morning, frankly I want more heat myself.

But you can keep the humidity, I left the MW because of that horrible weather factor.

Turn Off Ads?