Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jose Guillen DFA'd

Jose Guillen DFA'd

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5440414

I have fond memories of Jose in Cincinnati. I assume his salary would be to pricy for 2 months of work though. However, considering our outfield situation I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jose Guillen DFA'd

I'd sign him in a heartbeat. He kicked but for us while he was here. Solid bat and arm if the price isn't too steep.

thorn

He's an absolute cancer in the club house, he'll complain to anyone listening about playing time, etc, so for me it's a big NO.

NO thanks.

I agree he's a pain, but for the stretch run in a pennant race, I'd think he'd keep his mouth shut.

Way too lazy. The Yankees took Kearns over him, that should say enough.

Why do I keep hearing, and only from Reds fans, about how bad our outfield is? No, Stubbs, Bruce and Gomes arent all hitting the best in the world right now, but it is still a pretty decent outfield we got going on.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I don't believe it's a decent outfield at all. I would argue it's the poorest of all the teams in the race.

PS. From Durham. How about those blue devils man? back to back?

I certainly see room for improvement, but I wouldnt call them a bad outfield by any means, esp defensively, even with Gomes playing. Not many teams in contention with a "bad" outfield. back to back huh? I just threw up What part of Durham- I used to live on West Knox/Dook, and Englewood and Dook for a coupl eyears, worked at Satisfactions for a few years.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Not Eent-er-rested.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharync View Post
    I don't believe it's a decent outfield at all. I would argue it's the poorest of all the teams in the race.

PS. From Durham. How about those blue devils man? back to back?
    Really? Who is the Braves starting OF? What great talented OF do the Cards bring to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Really? Who is the Braves starting OF? What great talented OF do the Cards bring to the table?
    Granted the Braves outfield looked godawful last weekend but Jason Heyward speaks for himself. The same goes for Holliday of the Cards.

It only takes one consistently productive outfielder IMO, but we don't have one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    What part of Durham- I used to live on West Knox/Dook, and Englewood and Dook for a coupl eyears, worked at Satisfactions for a few years.
    Nice, I didn't know they let UNC fans work at Satisfactions. I was actually born on Englewood but grew up in SW Durham by Jordan High. Gotta love NC. Even better Reds fans on tobacco road.

He's laynce from the RH side with less D.

Why on earth would anyone want him

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    What great talented OF do the Cards bring to the table?
    Uh, Colby Rasmus, John Jay, and Matt Holliday?? Not saying I would necessarily trade outfields with them, but that's nothing to sneeze at.

Turn Off Ads?