Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do we sweep chicago??

Re: do we sweep chicago??

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    haha, The cubs kind of scare me, only because I think they're one of the more talented "bad" teams if that makes sense. Aramis Ramirez has started to hit a little bit, and Lee, Soriano, Byrd, and Colvin can always have a good game. That being said, i'll be happy with 2/3. A sweep vs. St. Louis would be unbelievable!
    Especially since St. Louis will be throwing Carpenter, Garcia, and Wainwright against the Reds. A sweep with those starters is close to impossible.

As for the Cubs, Wells vs. Volquez looks like a tough win. Volquez is all over the place, and Wells baffled the Reds last time he faced them. The other two games should be in the Reds favor, but who knows what Gorzelanny or Arroyo shows up Friday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Especially since St. Louis will be throwing Carpenter, Garcia, and Wainwright against the Reds. A sweep with those starters is close to impossible.
    If we sweep against that rotation I'm gonna go ahead and order my World Series tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    It seems like the Reds have had a few opportunities for sweeps this year, but lost the series finale several times. Or maybe I'm just imagining that. Winning series is the goal but, as someone else mentioned, the Reds need to rack up a lot of W's before they head out west. Sure would like to put some space between us and the Cardinals before that trip. And sweeping the Cubs would be a great start.
    The Reds are 4-5 in games where the Reds were looking for the sweep (1 of those wins was a 2 game sweep of the Brewers). 0-2 since the break, so maybe that is why is stands out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    The Reds are 4-5 in games where the Reds were looking for the sweep (1 of those wins was a 2 game sweep of the Brewers). 0-2 since the break, so maybe that is why is stands out right now.
    Thanks. My memory isn't what it once was.

Hopefully we can bump that up to 5-5 soon. And 6-5.

The Buckeye Bomber

Winning 2 of 3 should always be the goal. If you do that day in and day out you're going to do well each and every year. Simple as that.

Sweeps are nice but they are hard to come by. I never expect them.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Winning 2 out of 3 on the road is always a good thing. As mentioned above, the Cubs have plenty of talent and a manager who is retiring at the end of the year. I mean, if we didn't sweep Pittsburgh what are the chances of doing so in Chicago?

Since we play them on a Sunday, that would be NO. Dusty will rest half the starters and we will be lucky to score 1 or 2 runs...

Turn Off Ads?