Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch the game?

Re: Watch the game?

I really only watch the games when I have time, and typically the last few innings, because I work most days until around 9pm.

However I catch every radio broadcast until at least the sixth or seventh inning.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There are probably 10 games or so that I just miss completely. Then, depending on how the game is going, I will often flip back and forth, watching different things some. And of course, I'm at a few.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

I work at (almost) every home game, so I spend a good amount of time kneeling with my back to the action, and I frequently have to come home and look at all the highlights over again because stuff was so busy at the stadium I wasn't able to keep pace with the action. This is happening more often now with the bigger crowds. I have taken off 3 games to go and sit and enjoy a game with friends/family.

I watch every away game, every pitch, on TV if it is televised. If it's not televised I have the radio on and gameday up on my laptop.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

When I worked at home I would see about 140 Reds games and about another 150 games during the evening or day. Now that I work out of the home I've seen about 70% of the Reds games and usually part of another game in the evening, so chances are I'm seeing about 30% less baseball this year than the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    I work at (almost) every home game, so I spend a good amount of time kneeling with my back to the action, and I frequently have to come home and look at all the highlights over again because stuff was so busy at the stadium I wasn't able to keep pace with the action. This is happening more often now with the bigger crowds. I have taken off 3 games to go and sit and enjoy a game with friends/family.

I watch every away game, every pitch, on TV if it is televised. If it's not televised I have the radio on and gameday up on my laptop.
    Are you an usher or vendor?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I go to about 20 games per season and watch the majority of at least half the games from home. It's not uncommon for me to multi-task while viewing, but I'm generally very attentive.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Vendor.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Bullpen catcher? Dusty? Let's play "What's My Line" ...

I get FSN Tennesse feed here and they broadcast any game broadcast on FSN Ohio. I miss maybe one and sometimes two in a week.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I have Directv's MLB package, so I probably see 150 Reds games per year.

I take my parents to Cincy for at least one series against the Cubs. Then a trip or two to either Wrigley or Milwaukee for a game. I wish we played the Pale Hose more often. Games are much more enjoyable to watch there, than Wrigley.

I'm local, a FT student for now, and am blacked-out from any video or internet broadcasts. I just can't nor do I want to afford an extra $50 a month for the cable tier needed to get Fox Sports OH. I never watch cable TV so it would be quite literally paying $50 a month to watch the Reds. Just can't do it until I get out of school at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I'm local, a FT student for now, and am blacked-out from any video or internet broadcasts. I just can't nor do I want to afford an extra $50 a month for the cable tier needed to get Fox Sports OH. I never watch cable TV so it would be quite literally paying $50 a month to watch the Reds. Just can't do it until I get out of school at least.
    Find out where the TV's are that show the game, bars, restaurants, etc.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

BTW, if you also can't listen on radio, you can at the very least follow along on mlb.com's gameday. It's inside the scoreboard section.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'm in Georgia so I don't make it up there anymore but I never miss televised game. I usually don't get in 'til around 9 at night but I TiVo every game so I don't miss anything. I fast forward through commercials and Jay Bruce ab's and on a good night I catch up with the live broadcast by the end.

Day games are tough because of a couple of golf buddies who are Cardinals fans...they like to text me when the Reds are losing and it makes it almost impossible to watch the game if I already know they've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I have only been able to watch games in May this year. Is Gomes still an MVP candidate?
    Hahahahaha I love it.

I've had MLB.tv since it came out. I can remmeber back in the day before MLB.TV listening to everygame I could on gameday audio.

I normally watch just about every game I can until September and then once football starts and we're out of the race my viewing kind of tapers off.

This year, I can probably count on my two hands the game I missed. I'll probably watch 140+ this year.

Turn Off Ads?